Irish Rural Link (IRL)
IRL STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES
- To reflect the views of IRL rural community members to policy makers at local, regional, national and European policy levels.
- To influence local and community development in our changing rural areas.
- To collate, support and disseminate models of rural development to all relevant stakeholders.
- To develop the organisation and management of IRL in a manner that is inclusive, participatory and sustainable.
Our mission is to influence, inform on local, national and European development policies in favour of rural communities, especially those marginalised as a result of rural poverty, exclusion and isolation, and support rural communities to implement appropriate strategic programmes that improve their circumstances.
- To help support viable communities in rural Ireland where every person would have meaningful work, adequate income and social services, and where infrastructures needed for sustainable development would be in place.
- To highlight, publicise and respond to key rural issues through operational projects and programmes
Irish Rural Link is run by a small and dedicated core of professional staff members which aims at all times to drive forward the rural agenda, aid our members and influence the various political levels on rural issues. They are supported by a voluntary Executive Board.
Source URL: https://www.activelink.ie/irish-links/rural-development/irish-rural-link-irl