Age And Opportunity
Age & Opportunity is the leading national development organisation working to enable the best possible quality of life for us all as we age. We do this by:
- Championing the creativity and value of older people;
- Combating stereotypes and negative views of ageing;
- Developing inclusive and engaging experiences which respond to the interests and needs of the diverse older adult population;
- Developing, testing and measuring the impact of pioneering programmes and approaches;
- Making evidence available to policy-makers and service providers;
- Working with partners and stakeholders to ensure that Ireland’s policies, strategies and programmes are directly informed by the needs and experiences of older people.
We work with a multitude of public and private partners such as government departments, local authorities, health services, universities, community groups, arts and culture organisations and local sports groups to provide opportunities for older people to be more active; more visible; more creative; more connected; more often.
Our Mission, Vision & Values
To enable the best possible quality of life for us all as we age.
An Ireland where all older people can be more active, more visible, more creative, more connected, more confident, more often.
Our values are centred around ensuring that the views, opinions and experiences of Older People inform all that we do. We seek to promote Equality and Inclusivity. We aim to be Brave, Pioneering and Inspiring and we strive for Excellence in everything we do.
Age and Opportunity
St. Patricks Hall, Marino Institute of Education,
Ireland D09 KP46
Tel 01 - 805 7709
19th Feb, 2006
Source URL: https://www.activelink.ie/irish-links/older-people/age-and-opportunity