Promoting and supporting your sexual health.
The Sexual Health Centre aims to:
- Promote sexual wellbeing
- Train people on sexual health and drugs awareness issues
- Train young people to be peer educators
- Support people with HIV
- Support people with crisis pregnancies
- Input into national policy development
The Sexual Health Centre has been involved in the field of AIDS & Sexual Health since 1987 by providing support services for people with HIV & their significant others and HIV prevention/education programmes. We
- Provides training programmes & develops materials for young people, those working with young people in relation to sexual health and drugs.
- Provides peer support through education and telephone Helpline services.
- Provides personal support & counselling to people with HIV and their families in a safe and welcoming environment.
- Provides support and health advice to those who feel they have been involved in risky activities through Helpline services.
- Provides outreach services to young people who are potentially at risk and who are not in contact with other services.
- Participates in national and international meetings and networks in order to develop and maintain models of best practice.
- Provides opportunities for community participation in SHC work.
- Provides non directive three option pregnancy counselling.