'Promoting Conservation through Education'
CELT is a registered charity (CHY 14519) dedicated to environmental awareness, education and training.
Our aims and objectives are:
- Increasing Environmental Awareness through an active schools programme, student exchanges, training courses for adults, skills demonstrations and networking with other groups and organisations.
- Nature Conservation through involvement in local projects and working with initiatives such as the Clare Biodiversity Action Plan. Also by promoting planting and use of native trees.
- Promoting Renewable Energy through demonstrations and displays of specialist equipment and materials and making available relevant information and training.
- Keeping alive Traditional Countryside Skills and Crafts through bringing together local and national experts to provide training and education for all levels.
- Promoting Healthy Food Production through providing information, education and training in organics, permaculture, agroforestry, companion planting, etc.