ADHD Ireland’s mission is to make life better for people affected by ADHD.
We are dedicated to providing up-to-date information, resources and networking opportunities to individuals with ADHD, parents of children with ADHD and the professionals who serve them.
We provide support and advice through our phone line and emails, send out information, produce publications, organise information sessions, run Solution Focussed Brief Therapy courses for young people, run parenting courses, work to raise awareness of the condition and contribute to research.
ADHD Ireland’s vision is a society in which:
- ADHD is recognised as a genetic condition caused by a different balance of chemicals in the brain, affecting children and adults throughout their life.
- ADHD is recognised as a condition which requires timely diagnosis; leading to an integrated package of treatments and supports designed to meet the needs of the individual, coordinated by a medical professional who builds up rapport and trust over time.
- There is information and support for people with ADHD and their families. Where there is awareness and understanding among educators, employers and institutions so that school, work and institutional environments are adapted to meet the needs of the individual.
- There is an acceptance that ADHD is a difference with many positive aspects.
- All professionals and organisations involved work together to make life better for people with ADHD.