The Peace & Neutrality Alliance (PANA) was established in December 1996 in Dublin. Membership is open to all groups and individuals that accept our 5 objectives.
PANA seeks to advocate an Independent Irish Foreign Policy, restore Irish Neutrality and to promote a reformed United Nations as the Institution through which Ireland should pursue its security concerns.
- It is within the OSCE and a reformed United Nations, and not the EU, that Ireland should pursue its security concerns.
- Ireland should pursue a positive neutrality and independent foreign policy and not join or form an association with any military alliance, such as the WEU or NATO.
- Ireland should seek to promote European and international security through a policy of disarmament and demilitarisation and should therefore oppose the militarisation of the EU.
- Ireland should refuse to cooperate with or condone in any way policies or military groupings which maintain nuclear weapons or any weapons of mass destruction.
- Irish troops should only serve abroad as peacekeepers under the auspices of the UN.
17 Castle Street, Dalkey, Co.Dublin.
- tel: 01 - 235 1512
9th Mar, 2008
Source URL: https://www.activelink.ie/irish-links/civil-liberties-human-rights-peace-reconciliation/pana