Who We Are?
The Irish Association of Social Workers is the national professional body for social workers in the Republic of Ireland. It was founded in 1971 and has a membership of over 1,200 social workers. The IASW is an active member of the International Federation of Social Workers, which represents professional social work associations from over 55 different countries with more than 350,000 social workers in all parts of the world.
What does the IASW do?
The Objectives of the Association are:
- Ensuring the sustainable development of the IASW, as the professional body supporting and representing the social work profession in the Republic of Ireland.
- Improving the standards and quality of professional social work practice
- Facilitating social workers to meet the CPD requirements of registration
- Increasing access to information and support for social workers
- Enhancing the public profile and perception of social work
- Using social work expertise to influence the development of local, national and international policy and practice