Youth Train Wexford Ltd will provide innovative Training and Education Programmes in a student – centred environment. We use a holistic development process to support participants to achieve their full potential.
Areas of work
Youth Train is one of 35 Community Training Centres charged with and funded through Education Training Boards to prepare young people for employment. This can involve providing the skills for them to progress to further training and education on that path. Based in Wexford Town Youth Train works with up to 40 young people aged 16-21 years on the following programmes:
- QQI3 Employability Skills
- QQI4 Trades Preparation Programme
- QQI4 Catering and Hospitality Support
- Linked Work Experience
Support and challenge is a part of the daily work in Youth Train , aspects such as health and well- being being key to achievement of the modules and programmes. The size of the CTC allows for strong relationships to be built and an environment where learning and growth can flourish.
- Engage with high priority learners who are without formal qualifications and medium priority learners who do not have a Level 5 Leaving certificate.
- Use available resources at all times to meet individual needs and ensure maximum learner retention on programmes
- Provide quality assured major awards at Level 3 and 4 in areas relevant to the labour market
- Ensure skilled CTC management and staff to deliver relevant training
- Implement Individual Learning Plans and Individual Progression Plans with each learner
- Support learners to achieve good progression outcomes
- Facilitate each learner to achieve a minimum of 5 minor awards per year
- Implement literacy and numeracy plan for the CTC
- Develop Integrated Progression Strategy
- Assist learners to achieve placement in employment and/or a place in further education/training