The aims of Befrienders Dublin are:
- To improve the quality of life of people with mental health difficulties.
- To promote the independence of such individuals and encourage their integration into the local community.
- To assist people with mental health difficulties to re-establish personal interests and social contacts within the community; alleviating social isolation and exclusion.
- To motivate and support individuals with mental health difficulties in accessing other community resources.
BEFRIENDING HAS TWO STRANDS:
- One-to-One Befriending which is a relationship between a Befriender and a Befriendee that is initiated, supported and monitored by the North Dublin Befriending Service.
- Local Social Clubs which provide group social activities and opportunities for social contact and new friendships.
Goirtin Training Centre,
Tel: 01 838 7184
Fax: 01 838 7184
6th Jan, 2015
Source URL: https://www.activelink.ie/irish-links/carers-health/befrienders-dublin