HSE National Social Inclusion Office: Request for Tender
Request for Tender for:
Updated Unit Cost Study of Tier 4 Addiction Rehabilitation and Detoxification Services funded by HSE
The HSE has carried out three Unit Cost Studies of Tier 4 residential addiction services since 2011. The studies have been used to calculate the estimated cost of a treatment programme for a client based on expected client admissions, completions and bed nights. These figures are used along with annual pay and non-pay costs to understand what funding is required for a treatment programme.
The HSE National Social Inclusion Office now requires that the Unit Cost study be carried out to reflect current cost and capacity in Tier 4 residential addiction services, reflecting on the full year cost of 2022 and the estimated full year cost for 2023.
The previous Unit Cost Studies examined a number of Tier 4 Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation and Detoxification Services and their treatment programmes to establish each service’s continued viability, value for money and the estimated cost of one treatment episode for each programme. There was also an opportunity to review the number of beds being provided in order to improve on capacity.
It is envisaged that the consultant will liaise with the National Social Inclusion Office and SLA holders to gain an understanding of the project types and budgets in order to accurately analyse the cost of service delivery within Tier 4 services.
Resulting analysis will inform the cost of treatment episodes nationally and will be shared with SLA holders to improve an understanding of service costings and provision.
The following is an outline of Tier 4 categories:
a) In-patient Medical Detoxification
b) Residential Detoxification
a) Short & Long Stay Residential Rehabilitation
b) Therapeutic Communities
3. Adolescent provision
a) Adolescent Residential Detoxification
b) Adolescent Residential Rehabilitation
4. Step Down
The full list of Tier 4 services in receipt of HSE funding are at Appendix 1.
The consultant will be requested to achieve the following outputs:
- To estimate the cost of a Treatment Programme for each service, based on expected client admissions, completions and bed nights.
- To provide an average cost for each treatment category.
- To analyse information on referral pathways, aftercare provision and costs to clients.
- To provide a written report on the above with corresponding excel analysis per service.
The work will be supported by a project lead within the National Social Inclusion Office. The project lead will assist the consultant by communicating with SLA holders and Tier 4 services on project parameters and timeline.
Quotation should outline a cost for the entire piece of work, to include the following details:
- Desk top research
The HSE National Social Inclusion Office would like this work to be carried out as soon as feasible, and to be completed within three months of project initiation date.
Instructions for Tenderers
Completed submissions must be sent by email to email@example.com, cc; firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line, “Tender for updated Unit Cost Study of Tier 4 Addiction Rehabilitation and Detoxification Services funded by HSE” and must be received no later than 6pm on Thursday, 9th of February (the ‘tender deadline’). Submissions received after the tender deadline will NOT be considered. All general queries related to this request for tender can be directed to email@example.com, cc; firstname.lastname@example.org. The contract for the study is being awarded by a competitive tendering process.
Tender bids will be assessed in terms of the following criteria:
- Appreciation of the subject area (10%)
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience, skills and competencies to undertake and complete work related to the study as required (40%)
- Appropriateness of the approach and methodology proposed for undertaking and completing the research (20%)
- Track record with respect to undertaking and completing similar contracted work (20%)
- Cost - Broken down to show description of costs, justification for proposed costs and best use of resources. All quotes to be inclusive of VAT (10%).
Appendix 1: Tier 4 Addiction Services in receipt of HSE funding by CHO
CHO / Service
- CHO 1 / White Oaks Rehab
- CHO 2 / Hope House Rehab
- CHO 3 / Bushy Park Rehab
- CHO 4 / Cuan Mhuire
- CHO 4 / Fellowship House, Togher, Co. Cork
- CHO 4 / Tabor Lodge, Belgooly, Cork. Rehab
- CHO 4 / Renewal Women's Service
- CHO 4 / Talbot Grove, Castleisland, Rehab
- CHO 4 / Aiseirí Group Aislinn, Detox & Rehab
- CHO 5 / Aiseiri Group Other
- CHO 5 / Merchants Quay Ireland St. Francis Farm Detox
- CHO 5 / Homeless NSP 21 Step-down transitional Ceim Eile
- CHO 7 / Dublin Simon HIV Respite Stabilisation
- CHO 7 / Dublion Simon Detox
- CHO 7 / Rutland Rehab
- CHO 7 / New Hope Rehab
- CHO 8 / Tabor House Navan
- CHO 8 / Smarmore Detox + Rehab
- CHO 9 / Coolmine Ashleigh House Women Detox
- CHO 9 / Merchants Quay Ireland High Park Rehab
- CHO 9 / Peter McVerry Trust
- CHO 9 / Peter McVerry Trust, Detox & Rehab
- CHO 9 / Suamhneas
- CHO 9 / Homeless NSP 21 Step-down transitional unit for women and babies, Coolmine
- CHO 9 / Lantern Peter McVerry Detox