South East Regional Drug and Alcohol Task Force: Invitation to Tender
BETTER TOGETHER TENDER
SERDATF Call for Tenders.
SERDATF invites submissions from suitably qualified and experienced practitioners to determine the feasibility/scalability of Better Together an online co-produced Recovery Community in the South East Region.
Background & Context
The SERDATF /HSE and Persons with Lived Experience have been providing online supports 7 days per week and face to face social gatherings since the beginning of the Pandemic. We are now interested in developing this service by undertaking a feasibility study. The feasibility study will include reviewing potential ideas, undertaking market research for the proposed products/ services, an organisational analysis, avenues of funding and the completion of a report.
Key Elements of the Feasibility Study
- Establish the type of work Better Together will carry out i.e. Identify a viable business option and scalability
- Propose a recommend management & governance structure for the social enterprise.
- Outline the steps required to set up Better Together as a support service.
- Devise a comprehensive proposed budget to include:
- Identification of potential annual revenue for Better Together.
- Estimated annual expenditure, for example wages, payroll, overheads, insurance etc.
- Estimated start-up costs and resources including staffing, premises etc.
- Identify and link with potential partners such as City Council, Local Enterprise Office, HSE, Probation, private sector etc.
- Identify how Better Together will link with local and national strategies and economic plans such as the National Drug Strategy.
- Identify potential sources of income for Better Together such as grants available and the timeline for same.
- Identify potential barriers to implementation and solutions for same.
The successful tender for the project will complete a comprehensive feasibility study and time scaled action plan. The feasibility study will determine the potential for Better Together as a scalable enterprise in the South East.
The report will address all the key elements as outlined above.
The report will also include an implementation plan and a set of actions for the start up.
- Sept /Oct 2022 Tender and recruit.
- Nov 2022 Agree contract, terms of reference and establish key stakeholders from each organisation.
- Dec/22 Jan 23Feasibility Study will be conducted.
- Feb/Mar 2023 - Feasibility study and key actions will be presented to SERDATF /Better Together.
The applicant is required to demonstrate in their application:
- Details of your organisation and details of the proposed project team.
- Knowledge and experience of similar work as well as relevant experience in conducting a feasibility of this scale in the field of Social Enterprise/Service Development .
- Evidence of evaluation and report writing.
- Overall approach to the work and methodologies that will be used.
- Detailed costings/ quotes for the work to be undertaken to include VAT.
- Timeframe for the completion of tasks.
- Details of two referees.
- Applicants should outline how they propose to comply with research ethics.
- Applicants should include tax clearance and insurance detail.
Criteria that will be used in the evaluation of tenders:
- Proven track record in delivery of similar projects.
- Quality of proposal.
Ownership of documents: All documents produced for this feasibility study will be considered the property of SERDATF.
Closing date for submissions is:
Please email your submission to Jim O Dwyer @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for submissions: October 7th at 5pm.