Galway City Community Network: Invitation to Tender
Established in 2014, Galway City Community Network (GCCN) is the Public Participation Network in Galway City. It represents groups and organisations in the community, voluntary and environmental sectors in Galway City. The twin objectives that GCCN pursues are to:
- Advance the values of sustainability, equality, culture, community, empowerment, and inclusivity and embed these in the policies, programmes and practice of local government, state organisations, national government, and civil society.
- Develop and implement progressive models of and approaches to representation, participation, and engagement for civil society in informing and shaping policy development and implementation.
Galway City Community Network seek to tender a facilitator for the reconvention of a Civil Society Panel to be reconvened as part of a Pilot Project funded by Pobal’s Dormant Accounts Fund which will target groups who are marginalised in Galway City in order to support their engagement in local planning processes. This panel will contain representatives of communities and groups mentioned as part of the protected grounds of the Equal Status Act 2000-2015 (‘ESA’).
Working with the civil society panel the facilitator will support:
- The production of a Shadow Report of the Draft Issues Plan which outlines the targets, and priorities of the forthcoming LECP for Galway City with reference to the Book of Evidence produced by the Social Inclusion Subgroup of the LCDC.
- A review of the outputs of the representative groups who participate in the pilot engagement project in order to develop objectives for the LECP, and KPIs for the LECP Implementation Plan that will support the vindication of rights and Public Sector Duty across all relevant actions and priorities.
- A review of the draft plan and, and input into the monitoring and review processes.
Please see the attached file for further information on the project and feel free to address any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tenders should be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com by Monday the 10th of October.