Regional Youth Service: Invitation to Tender - Provision of Consultancy Services
Provision of Consultancy Services to Sphere 17
The Board of Directors of Sphere 17 Regional Youth Service wish to invite applications from suitably qualified consultants with a high level of knowledge and understanding of the voluntary and community sector, for the purpose of developing our next 3-year Strategic Plan from January 2023 - 2025.
1. Who we are and what we do:
Sphere 17 Regional Youth Service (RYS) was established in 2005. The organisation provides a wide range of youth service activities to young people 10-24 years in the region of Dublin 17 and Kilbarrack area, based on their needs, interests, and capacity.
Our vision is for a future where all young people are valued. We want to see a society where young people have a voice, where young people are respected, and where they feel included, no matter what community they are from. We hope for a society where young people can get high quality support.
Sphere 17 believes all young people can achieve great things; some may need some support to do that. Our mission is to support young people to be the best that they can be. We provide support in different ways, for different young people, as they need it. We do this through drop-ins, group work, one-to-one work, outreach, and outings.
2. The task:
The Board has identified a key piece of work to be carried out in quarter 4 2022 which requires external expertise; the development of the organisations next 3-year Strategic Plan. The new plan will:
- Articulate how the service plans to remain relevant and meaningful to young people over the coming years.
- Incorporate key overarching themes/values focused on supporting our core purpose, and which will guide the service and Board when faced with any unforeseen challenges or opportunities.
- Strike a balance between national/sectoral/funder priorities (top-down) and local priorities and perspectives (bottom-up).
- Produce a strategy in collaboration with the Board that is clear and communicable to varied audiences including funders, government, and the local community.
The process will include horizon scanning, consultation, and a SWOT analysis, to help us to identify priorities and align our plan more closely with any wider community/sector/funder plans or expectations. The process will culminate in the presentation of a draft written plan.
The available budget for this work is €5k and the timeframe for completion is September-December 2022.
Interested applicants are invited to email a 2-page summary proposal, incorporating a brief outline of proposed methodology, timeframe, and costs for the work, to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Friday, August 26th, 2022.