COPE Galway: Research Proposal

Research Proposal – Exploration of Establishment of an Outreach Domestic Abuse Service in the area of North West Connemara and the Islands

Background

COPE Galway is a regional charity delivering services to vulnerable people through three strands:
Homeless Services, Domestic Abuse Service and Senior Supports. The Domestic Abuse Service (DAS) has been in operation since 1981, providing supports to women and children affected through intimate partner abuse. Working from a base at Modh Eile House in Galway city, the service provides emergency accommodation through a refuge, outreach support to women who do not need refuge, and supports to children and young people through our Children’s Service, Solas Og.

Women who are living / have been living with an abusive partner will need supports across a range of issues in trying to re-build their lives. In the case of COPE Galway, c14% of all clients use refuge; the remaining 86% do not. These are women who are able to remain in their home, or who have located another safe space. These women access support through Outreach, which is an appointment-based support available in a safe location, convenient to the woman. COPE Galway provide this support throughout Galway city, as well as in the North and South of the county.

COPE Galway, as part of the Tusla Commissioning Process, have been engaged to have research conducted in respect of DV Service provision, specifically pre-development, evidence base and action plan needed to establish outreach, in the area of Northwest Connemara and the Islands.

Invitations are invited from qualified parties to conduct this research in line with the scope of this research proposal.

Please see COPE Galway DAS NW Connemara & Islands Research Brief attached below.

Queries on this process can be forwarded to adonohoe@copegalway.ie.

Submissions from interested and suitably qualified parties to be made to cbaumann@copegalway.ie, to be received by Friday, June 10th, 4pm, marked ‘NW Connemara and Islands Research’ in the subject line.

General Info

Date Entered/Updated
12th May, 2022
Region
Galway
Expiry Date
10th Jun, 2022