Empower: Invitation to Tender - Self-Employment Supports 2022
SELF-EMPLOYMENT SUPPORTS 2022
INVITATION TO TENDER
Empower is a local development company situated in Fingal. Empower is responsible for the delivery of a range of Government funded programmes to meet the needs of individuals, families and community groups in the area.
Empower is currently seeking tender submissions for the provision of self-employment supports under the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP).
These supports are tailored for those seeking to become self-employed through the Back to Work Enterprise Allowance (BTWEA) or Short-term Enterprise Allowance (STEA) schemes, which are administered by the Department of Social Protection (DSP).
These supports will be provided online or in our training centres (located in both Blanchardstown and Balbriggan), in accordance with both HSE and HSA COVID-19 guidelines.
Client 1-2-1 meetings and follow-up supports
(All client queries to be responded to within three working days. Successful contractor to arrange client 1-2-1 meetings and notify Empower in advance.)
Client reports and statistical information
Requirements for Tenders:
Each tender should contain an outline of the following:
- History and background of training company, relevant experience and qualifications (copies required), past work and a brief biography (including photographs) of all relevant personnel, including admin support persons if applicable.
- Previous experience of working with Empower target groups.
- Proposed methodology for carrying out the deliverables.
- Proposed format of relevant weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting templates, compatible with IRIS reporting requirements.
- Current Tax Clearance Certificate
With regard to costings:
- A cost for attending additional meetings should be shown as these may be invoiced separately as/if they occur.
- All facilities, meeting room, training room, and recruitment will be provided for by Empower. Photocopying and printing are not included in facilities provided, except in exceptional circumstances.
- It is proposed that payment will be made on a monthly basis on receipt of invoice and relevant reports, detailing the number of hours engaged per client.
- The tender price must be all inclusive, including travel. All tender prices should be clearly shown exclusive of VAT; the VAT rate must be specified.
Hours of engagement will vary per month. However, there will be a maximum allocation of 40 days per year.
The contracted period will run from January 2022 to December 2022.
Freedom of Information:
Empower undertakes to use its best endeavours to hold confidential any information provided by you, subject to our obligations under the law, including the Freedom of Information Act 1997, 2003 and 2014. Should you wish any information supplied not to be disclosed because of its sensitivity you should identify same, and specify the reason(s) for its sensitivity. Whilst this will be taken into consideration, the compliance of the Freedom of Information Act will always take precedence over the release of material.
Procedure for Tenders:
Empower tendering process is based on principles of value for money, integrity and fairness. Our tender evaluation process takes into account quality, methodology and previous experience with our target groups, in a manner to ensure value for money.
Tender submissions (1 hard copy and 1 copy via email to firstname.lastname@example.org) should be clearly marked “Self-employment Support Tender 2022” and forwarded to:
106 Coolmine Industrial Estate
Tender submissions should arrive no later than 5.00pm on Wednesday 8th of December, 2021. Submissions received after the specified time and date will not be accepted.
The provision of these self-employment support services will be subject to appropriate funding being secured by Empower.