Threshold: Request for Tender - Service Promotion Campaign
Request for Tender for Threshold Service Promotion Campaign
Threshold is a national Housing charity, founded in 1978, with regional advice centres in Dublin, Cork and Galway. Threshold provides frontline advice, advocacy and support services to those facing housing problems in Ireland and operates the national Tenancy Protection Service. Threshold promotes policy and legal change in housing provision through research and evidenced based solutions.
Our website is: www.threshold.ie
We do this by:
- Campaigning for suitable housing delivered on a rights-based approach
- Analysing existing problems and seeking innovative approaches and solutions through quality research and informed by evidence from our services
- Providing independent advisory and advocacy services
- Working in collaboration with others for those disadvantaged by the housing system
- Providing long-term solutions for people who are homeless
We are currently inviting Tenders for suitably experienced partners to develop and deliver an 8-week campaign to promote Threshold Services across the country. The key campaign objective is the promotion of Threshold’s Freephone, webchat and other services. Targeting audiences need to know we exist, the benefits of our service, and how to access them, in order that private renters in need can avail of our service, and in particular to reduce the risk of homelessness among this population.
Threshold advises private renters and prevents homelessness. We do this through a number of key services:
- Nationwide Freephone advice line - 1800 454 454
- Video Consultations
- Bespoke advice centres and outreach clinics (currently paused due to Covid-19)
The successful partner will deliver an 8 week, nationwide, services promotion campaign, developed within a ten-week timeframe, which will be primarily be:
- Optimised for Google search
- A blend of influencer and advocate marketing
- Incorporating Out-of-Home initiatives
- Using specific methods to amplify our message
- Engaging partnerships with stakeholders such as civil society organisations, public representatives and government departments.
The planned campaign timeline is:
Once a four week tendering process has concluded, we envisage a go-live date of August 23rd.
Phase 1: Week 1-2 Campaign research
- Meeting with the successful tenderer to discuss our campaign brief, core requirements, potential opportunities, budget, timelines etc., campaign strategy.
- Agree risk management strategy and identification of KPIs (including call line volume increase and digital performance stats)
Phase 2: Week 3-5 Focus group research
- Research each key private renter demographic to determine their attitudes, behaviours and motivations.
- Test potential messaging (for appropriate Tone of Voice, visuals and insights to gauge how planned messaging is being received)
Phase 3: Week 6-7 Creative development and production
- Stage 1- Design concept ideation and development (between 2-3 concepts). This process also includes the development of audience profiles/personas for each demographic and the identification of channels for ad placements for each audience profile, with visual creatives and messaging which will resonate with target audiences
- Stage 2 – Concept Presentation - presenting sketches of concepts for approval, followed by a presentation of the formal design recommendation
- Stage 3 – Proof of Concept – present concept to relevant stakeholders for approval
Phase 4: Week 8-9 Identification of preferred route
- Mapping out of digital and media plan, Google Keyword research and planning
- Developing social media content to support digital advertising campaign
- Reporting update to Dept. of Housing
Phase 5: Week 10 Launch of campaign with Minister for Housing, Darragh O’Brien
- Campaign goes live
- Review and action on campaign recommendations (week 11)
Phase 6: Report stage – measure impact of campaign and report on KPIs
The successful partner will also:
- Create project plans and oversee task assignment and risk management, in collaboration with the campaign team.
- Liaise with media publishing / buying agencies to ensure best return on campaign investment.
- Help to establish and implement “best practices” in the areas of campaign management.
- Collate and present monthly project reports identifying project progress, issues and solutions.
- Maintain campaign information (project controls) within a structured filing system providing easily retrievable project data and historical records of critical decisions made.
- Liaise with Threshold senior management to ensure project realisation.
- Demonstrate the technical and professional ability to deliver the project.
- Demonstrate a track record of delivering similar projects and provide references.
- Have robust Quality Assurance Procedures.
- Have full regard to COVID-19 measures, remote working, and amend all relevant policies in light of measures in this area.
- Ensure work facilitates consistency, clarity and equality and that the campaign reflects the culture and values of Threshold.
The submission should include a table of contents, a summary of the consultant’s previous experience and qualifications, contact details of referees, details of costs and relevant appendices. Tender documents should be submitted through the eTenders website through this link: https://www.etenders.gov.ie/
or directly to:
by 5.30 pm, Friday, August 13th, 2021.
Tender assessment will be based on the following:
- Applicant’s ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of the tender request.
- Applicant’s understanding of Threshold, the NGO sector, and the need for relevant stakeholder consultation.
- Experience of having previously conducted similar projects, ideally with similar target audiences.
- Quality of the tender document submitted, succinct and well written, with clear and realistic timelines and project plan.
- The project’s value for money and price competitiveness.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 5.30 pm, Friday, August 13th, 2021.The target for project delivery (commencement of public facing campaign) is October 1st 2021.
The approximate budget for the creative / design / campaign services required is circa €35,000 ex VAT. Additional budget is available to purchase advertising required to support the campaign.
A full breakdown of costs associated with the different elements of the development of the website should be provided together with the proposal, including VAT where relevant.
Price increases during the term of contract will not be accepted.
Please include two references from a similar recently completed projects.
All enquiries should be directed to John-Mark McCafferty, Chief Executive Officer at – email@example.com
All parties agree to hold confidential all information, documentation and other materials received, provided or obtained arising from their participation in this process.
All the information requested from you and collected by Threshold during this Tender application process is necessary and relevant to the performance of the process. Threshold will treat all information you supply with the utmost confidentiality and in line with current data protection law.
If you have any questions about the use of your data during the Tender process, or wish to know how your data will be treated if you engage in this process with Threshold, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org (data protection queries only).