Rape Crisis Midwest: Invitation to Tender - Strategic Plan Development 2021 – 2025
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Rape Crisis Midwest
Strategic Plan Development 2021 – 2025
Invitation to Tender/Terms of Reference
1. Background and Context
Rape Crisis Midwest responds to the needs
of survivors of all forms of sexual violence – both recent and past.
Using a feminist analysis of violence, and bringing the voice, experience and expertise of individual survivors, it also informs changes in legislation, education, policy development and societal attitudes on a local, regional and national level, to benefit all society”.
Rape Crisis Midwest envisages a society in which all adults and children have the right to live a life free from all forms of sexual violence.
Rape Crisis Midwest provides free, confidential, non-judgemental support & information, court/garda/legal/medical accompaniment & crisis and long term counselling for female & male survivors of Rape (recent & past), Childhood Sexual Abuse and all other forms of sexual violence both past and present.
We also provide training and education and awareness programmes on issues of sexual violence.
RCM is an active member of the Rape Crisis Network Ireland. The Network supports and promotes the work of Rape Crisis Centres’ and provides a national voice for survivors of sexual violence.
2. Strategic Planning Process
Rape Crisis Midwest is inviting tenders from suitably qualified consultants:
- To support the Board to develop a strategic plan which specifies our overall vision, mission, values/principles, and strategic goals, objectives, actions and outcomes.
Role of the Consultant
It is anticipated that the following actions will be undertaken:
- Review of internal documentation (previous strategic plans, management and organisational structure documents, external policy documents, annual reports etc).
- Consultation with CEO, staff, volunteers, Board members, and key stakeholders (one-to-one or focus groups as appropriate) in relation to the role, values, strengths, weaknesses, policy environment, and strategic direction of Rape Crisis Mid West.
- Write up of a draft Strategic Plan for the period 2021-2025 which outlines the vision, mission, values/principles, strategic thematic areas/pillars for the organisation with stated objectives, action areas, and anticipated outcomes.
- Facilitation of feedback sessions on the content of the draft plan with the Board, staff and volunteers
- Finalisation of draft plan for publication.
3. Terms of the Contract
Tenders are invited from interested consultants with:
- Expertise in the area of strategic planning, specifically in the not for profit sector
- Excellent communication, facilitation and inter-personal skills
- Skills in writing documents, to publication standard, in ‘plain English’ style
The work will commence in June 2021 and be completed by Sept 2021.
A maximum of €10,000 is available for this project inclusive of V.A.T and all expenses. Payment will be phased and linked to progress.
Tenders should include:
- Details of the approach to the work
- Methodology and timescale
- Name of applicant(s) and/or organisation with which the current contract will be placed
- Number, details of roles and input, and expertise of all staff to be involved in the project
- Curriculum Vitae (including the names of organisations for whom consultancy work has been completed) for all those who will have input
- Relevant examples of previous work
- Tenders should clearly and individually cost each element of the work outlined in the proposal including staff costs.
- Tax Clearance Access details
A tender assessment panel will examine all tenders received. The panel will have to be satisfied that the method and programme of work meet the project’s objectives. The panel will also take into account other criteria to include;
- Clear demonstration and understanding of the brief
- Level, depth, nature of experience in the area (quality and relevance of previous work)
- Evidence that they possess the relevant skills
- Ability to effectively manage and complete the contract within given timeframe
- Overall assessment and quality of proposal
- Cost effectiveness.
Rape Crisis Midwest reserves the right to invite potential consultants to interview following short-listing in the event of several submissions being of comparable merit. This will be arranged according to mutual convenience
Enquiries should be directed to Miriam Duffy at email@example.com or by telephone: 061 311511
Tenders should be submitted by email, no later than 5pm Friday 7th May 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org