Limerick Youth Service: Request for Tender
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Limerick Youth Service in collaboration with Youthwork Ireland
Invite Tenders for the Design, Development & Maintenance of a Mobile based Application for Volunteer Led Youth Groups
Limerick Youth Service is a voluntary Youth Work Organisation and charity whose mission is:
“Connecting with young people and supporting them to reach their full potential.”
Limerick Youth Service was founded in 1973 and is a provider of youth work, education, training and employability programmes and youth friendly spaces to young people aged 10 to 25 in Limerick City & County Limerick.
The organisation supports and facilitates young people aged 10 to 18 through a network of youth clubs in Limerick City & County. An average of 1,200 young people are registered in the 20 youth clubs which meet each week in various locations across Limerick.
Limerick Youth Service is a member of Youth Work Ireland, the largest youth organisation in Ireland. We are one of 21 Local Member Youth Services based around Ireland
The purpose of the online portal/application is to:
- Provide a simple user friendly mechanism for parents/guardians and volunteer led youth clubs
- Permit Limerick Youth Service together with Youth Work Ireland to gather, manage and store information in relation to volunteer led youth clubs. This includes but is not limited to club registrations, individual registrations, consent forms, information bulletins, news posts, events guides etc.
Scope of Work to be undertaken: Functional Requirements
- Design, develop, customise and implement a mobile application for Android, IOS platforms
- All information related to Clubs shall be displayed in the app, categorised in an easily navigable and searchable manner.
- Data Sources: Provision of uploading information related notification, trainings, awareness programs, workshops and other useful information.
- Search engines:
- Targeted User groups: The data should be functional for each user group to both input and extract necessary information with appropriate permissions for each group, such as read, write etc.
- Sub Systems: The app should allow users to publish information such as newsletters.
- User Interface Requirements: All icons must be crisp, clean, and distinguishable. All data must be easily viewable on different Mobile platforms
- The app must have the ability to collate information in a quantitative format to allow Limerick Youth Service and Youth Work Ireland National Office to prepare reports as required.
- Interested firms should have a proven track record (3 years) in developing mobile applications and be able to provide examples of work undertaken.
The Proposal Submission should contain the following elements.
- Design & Development
- Maintenance & Trouble Shooting
- Full breakdown of Costs including Development stages, Hosting Charges, Maintenance & Support
- Plan for Project Management and engagement with Limerick Youth Service
- A nominated Lead design/contact person
- Hosting of the App and compliance with GDPR
- Web interface for the purpose of sharing Information with relevant stakeholders.
- Perform comprehensive mobile application testing
- Clear timelines of each stage of development including number of days required and deliverables
- The online portal/application should have the capacity to be scaled up for use across Member Youth Services in Ireland as part of phase 2 of this project.
- Outline of previous work carried out for clients including contact details of at least 2 referees
- All applicants must be tax registered with an up to date Tax Clearance Certiﬁcate and appropriately insured.
Timescale: It is estimated that this work will be complete by September 2021
Conﬂict of Interest:
Any conﬂict of interest involving the Contractor and Limerick Youth Service (Contracting Partner) or Project Implementation Group member organisations or staﬀ or relatives must be fully disclosed in the response to this Invitation to Tender
Interested firms can get full access to the specifics of the Tender Requirement by request to email@example.com
An electronic version of the tender document should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday 18th April 2021. Short listed firms may be invited to present and discuss their proposals. Proposals that are delivered after this date or incomplete will not be considered