One Family: Invitation to Tender
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Tender to Agree a Service Model of the Separating Well for Children Service in One Family
One Family was founded in 1972 as Cherish and is Ireland’s national organisation for people parenting alone, sharing parenting and separating. As a registered charity, we offer support, information and services to all members of all one-parent families, to those sharing parenting, to those experiencing an unplanned pregnancy and to professionals working with one-parent families. Children are at the centre of our work and the organisation helps all the adults in their lives, including mums, dads, grandparents, step-parents, new partners and other siblings, offering a holistic model of specialist family support services. Full information on One Family can be found at www.onefamily.ie.
Separating Well for Children
In 2018 One Family received funding from Tusla to establish a new service called Separating Well for Children; this service supports parents and children as they move through the long separation process into shared parenting and new family forms.
We work with parents to develop their confidence so they can guide, support and communicate with their children throughout the separation. The service works with both parents and their children in a supportive, non-judgmental way, at the family’s own pace. Our experienced staff can guide parents through the many challenges they may encounter such as establishing new routines and the complexities of sharing parenting. Our goal is that children in separated families will feel more secure, have good self-esteem and will feel more comfortable about their new family situation. With a strong focus on sharing parenting well after separation, parents are encouraged to focus on the needs of their children rather than issues with the other parent. This assists parents to move forward with a shared plan around parenting their children and significantly reduces conflict within families.
The services we offer include:
- Assessment of the family’s needs.
- Counselling for individual adults, both parents together and teens.
- Creative therapies for young children and young people from four years of age up to teens.
- Group based parenting supports focused on shared parenting and parenting after separation including the following courses:
- Family Communications – Parenting when Separated;
- Family Communications – Parenting Teens;
- Positive parenting for Changing Families;
- Self-Care and Personal Growth when Parenting; and
- Parenting through Stressful Times.
- Individual parent mentoring and key-work to explore the challenges of working through the family transitions.
- Mediation service for parents and for family members.
More information about this service can be found here.
Currently there is a staff team of two service managers working part-time on this service; one full-time Parent Support Coach; and part-time roles including Mediation, Teen/Parent Counsellor; and part-time Creative Therapists. The CEO will also be involved in the development of this work.
Request for Tender
Tusla has recently provided funding for One Family to recruit a suitably qualified consultant to work with the organisation to develop a Service Model for the Separating Well for Children Service.
The purpose of the Service Model is to achieve the following:
- To develop an agreed understanding of the Service Model to ensure consistency, effectiveness and efficiency in delivery and to quantify the resources required for same; and
- To determine the transferability of this project to other organisations, including Family Resource Centres.
Please see tender document attached below for further details.
The closing date for receiving proposals is 10am 12 April 2021.