LGBT Ireland: Request for Tender - Strategic Plan
Request for Tender LGBT Ireland for Strategic Plan
LGBT Ireland is a national charitable organisation providing quality support and information services to Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans and Intersex (LGBTI+) people and their family members. Informed by the issues and experiences raised through our frontline services we also provide training and advocacy supports to advance the rights, visibility and inclusion of LGBTI+ people and their families, living across Ireland. LGBT Ireland’s frontline services are provided by our network of regional helpline services, located in Cork, Dublin, Galway, Kilkenny, Louth and Mayo, which are supported by LGBT Ireland’s staff team and Board of Directors.
The key activities of LGBT Ireland are:
- The provision of support and information services including; The National LGBT Helpline and Online Chat service; the Gender Identity Family Support Line, specialist peer support groups; and dedicated website www.lgbt.ie providing a gateway to information and supports for LGBTI+ people all across the country.
- Infrastructural support to member services, including capacity building through ongoing training and monitoring, support with recruitment, vetting and training of volunteers, and technical support with telephone and online networked services.
- Delivery of training & education programmes in LGBT+ awareness and inclusion to a wide range of statutory and community and voluntary services and groups.
- Advocacy and policy development to enhance the visibility, rights and inclusion of LGBTI+ people in the legislative, policy and practice areas that affect their lives.
LGBT Ireland incorporated as a company limited by guarantee and a registered charity in June 2017, however the organisation has been in existence for over a decade, and in 2020 celebrated the 10th anniversary of the National LGBT Helpline service. Since registering as a charity, the organisation has expanded rapidly, growing from a team of two part-time staff to five fulltime staff, who are working alongside a national network of over 80 volunteers based in eight local member helplines. The services, training and advocacy work of the organisation has also expanded to include additional online and face to face services, specialist training programmes and national advocacy campaigns.
In preparation for developing the new Strategic Plan, there are two important considerations.
- Firstly, LGBT Ireland has just undergone a review of its National Quality Standards for delivering frontline support services, and this report which includes recommendations based on international best practice in helpline provision, should be considered alongside other important documents, such as the National LGBTI+ Inclusion Strategy 2019 to 2021, which are pertinent to the work of the organisation in the forthcoming planning period.
- Secondly, a key point with the strategic plan consultation process is the central involvement of the Board the integration of Board/Staff in the planning process. A Board recruitment campaign is currently underway which will recruit three new Board members by the April/May 2021. It is important that the planning process can be responsive to all Board members – newly joined and more experienced.
Our previous Strategic Plan came to an end in December 2020, and we are now seeking a Consultant(s) to support the development of a new plan for the next three to five years. It is envisaged that the new strategic plan will include LGBT Ireland vision, mission, goals, objectives and clear measures of success, target groups, target areas, strategic approaches and activities/projects.
Please see tender document attached below for more information.
Closing Date for Receipt of Tender
The closing date for receipt of tender to LGBT Ireland is 12 noon on Friday the 5th March 2021. Any tenders received after this time and date will not be considered for adjudication.
Tender Submissions should be emailed to:
Paula Fagan, email@example.com