Tusla Education Support Service (TESS): Invitation to Tender
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
INVITATION TO TENDER
Developing Facilitator Training Supports for ‘My Child My Vision’
The transition from primary to post-primary school can be a time of uncertainty and difficulty for parents and children. ‘My Child My Vision’ is a Home School Community Liaison (HSCL) parent transfer programme that has been successfully developed and implemented in Limerick and Dublin. The programme can be found at the following link:
One of the key objectives of the HSCL Scheme is to ‘raise awareness in parents of their own capacities to enhance their child’s educational progress and to assist them in developing relevant skills’. The aims of ‘My Child My Vision’ are to:
- To empower parents to make informed decisions about their child’s transfer from primary school to post-primary school
- To help parents feel more comfortable about the transfer process
- To increase parents’ aspirations for their child’s future so as to enhance their child’s participation in the education process
- To ensure their child’s retention in post-primary school
- To encourage their child’s progression to 3rd Level education
Parents, alongside the local HSCL Coordinators, are trained in how to deliver the ‘My Child My Vision’ programme by a facilitator who has completed a ‘Train the Trainer’ workshop (see below). Once trained, a HSCL Coordinator and parent co-delivers the programme to parents in their local schools.
2. Tender Outline
TESS are currently seeking tender submissions for the development of facilitator training supports for ‘My Child My Vision’. These supports will include:
- ‘My Child My Vision’ Train the Trainer manual (including all sessions plans, worksheets and related materials)
- Delivery of one 2-day ‘My Child My Vision’ Train the Trainer workshop, (including workshop session plan, any relevant worksheet(s) and/ or all related materials)
The manual and workshop will be required to support facilitators to deliver My Child My Vision through QQI Level 5 Working with Groups (5N2707), accredited through Education and Training Board Ireland (ETBI).
Please note that ownership of the manual and workshop content will be held by Tusla Education Support Service, including sessions plans, worksheets and all related materials.
3. Requirements for Tender
Each tender should contain an outline of the following:
- CV of applicant(s)
- Previous experience of working with developing QQI Level 5 courses and/ or Train the Trainer modules
- Previous experience of working with TESS/ HSCL target groups
- Current Tax Clearance Certificate
- Proposed cost must be all inclusive, including travel. All prices should be clearly shown exclusive of VAT; the VAT rate must be specified
The development of the facilitator training supports for ‘My Child My Vision’ should be completed by 30th June 2021.
5. Submission of Tenders
Tender submissions should be clearly marked ‘Developing facilitator training supports for My Child My Vision’ and emailed to: Anne-Marie McGovern at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tender submissions should arrive no later than 5pm on Friday 22nd January 2021. Submissions received after the specified time and date will not be accepted.