Register of Irish Sign Language Interpreters: Express of Interest - Registration Panel
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
RISLI is seeking expressions of interest from appropriate individuals, to form a Registration Panel for the new Register of Irish Sign Language Interpreters.
The National Disability Inclusion Strategy (NDIS) has tasked Sign Language Interpreting Service (SLIS) with establishing a Registration and Quality Assurance Scheme. SLIS is an independent body, funded and supported by the Citizens Information Board (CIB), working to enhance the availability and quality of sign language interpreting in Ireland in response to the National Disability Inclusion Strategy (NDIS) 2017-2021 and the Irish Sign Language Act 2017.
The Regulatory Centre for Irish Sign Language Interpreters Ireland CLG will establish and operate the Registration Panel to develop and manage a national register and quality assurance scheme for Irish Sign Language Interpreters in Ireland.
Registration Panel Members
RISLI is seeking expressions of interest from individuals, who have the appropriate skills, experience and capacity, in governance, Deaf community, interpreting, finance, training, compliance in community and voluntary organisations/charities, legal and strategy development.
The Panel will consist of up to eleven (11) members who serve on a voluntary basis. It is intended that the Panel will comprise of:
- One Registered Irish Sign Language Interpreter
- One academic expert in interpreting or Deaf studies
- One member with international experience of sign language interpreting register
- One professional interpreting representative
- One public body representative
- One external registration panel member
- One representative of appointing body (Minister for Social Protection)
- Three members of the Deaf community
- The Panel will develop and operate a national registration and quality assurance scheme for Irish Sign Language and Deaf interpreters in Ireland.
- Meetings will take place as necessary, and it is expected that the Panel would meet at least four times a year.
- As a voluntary Panel no fees will be paid to Panel members, however, travel and subsistence expenses will be paid when applicable.
- Appointments are initially for a term of three years, which can be renewed.
If you believe you have the appropriate experience and skills to make a difference, this is a great opportunity to contribute to the development of a new professional registration and quality assurance scheme for Irish Sign Language and Deaf interpreters.
Application Forms should be forwarded by email to RISLI at firstname.lastname@example.org as an initial first step in the application process.
A Selection Committee will consider and assess the expressions of interest received and will be based on a review of applicant’s documentation received.
- Application Form
- Express of Interest Ad
- Role Specification
- Registration Panel – Code of Conduct
- Registration Panel – Membership & Operation
Closing date for receipt of applications is 4pm on 30th November 2020.
For details on how your personal data will be used as part of this process our Data Protection Notice for job applicants is available at: http://www.citizensinformationboard.ie/en/data_protection/slis.html