Limerick Youth Service: Request for Tender - External Annual Statutory Audit
REQUEST FOR TENDER
Invitation to Tender for the External Annual Statutory Audit of Limerick Youth Service
For years ended 31 December 2020, 2021 and 2022
Limerick Youth Service is a voluntary Youth Work Organisation whose mission is: “connecting with young people and supporting them to reach their full potential.”
Limerick Youth Service was founded in 1973 and is a provider of youth work, education, training and employability programmes and youth friendly spaces to young people aged 10 to 25 in Limerick City & County. Limerick Youth Service is registered as a Scheme of Incorporation by the Commissioners of Charitable Donations & Bequests in Ireland, under Section 2 of the Charities Act 1973. Limerick Youth Service is governed by a Voluntary Board which is responsible for the overall governance of the Organisation.
We are now seeking tenders for the statutory audit of Limerick Youth Service.
Scope of Work to be undertaken include:
- The Audit of the Trustees' Report and accounts for Limerick Youth Service for 2020, 2021 and 2022 in accordance with Charities SORP requirements, Charity Law, Current Accounting and Auditing Standards, Department of Public Expenditure and Reform Circulars and any funder requirements.
- The preparation of individual audited accounts for;
- LYS Community Training Centre
- Garda Youth Diversion Project
- Audit of Job Initiative and Community Employment Schemes at annual rollover dates.
- Preparation of the Independent Audit report to members.
- Preparation of the Financial Statements from financial records and source documents produced by LYS staff. These financial statements must be in full compliance with SORP.
- Auditors should have experience of working with charity clients and be fully familiar with and be able to give advice on the financial reporting requirement of relevant Charities Act, SORP, Department of Public Expenditure and Reform Circulars and any other relevant accounting standard or statutory requirement relevant to charities and not for profits.
- The Auditors should be familiar with the tax implications of trading as a registered charity and be able to give advice on same and on other matters such as V.A.T. etc.
Interested firms can access full details of the Tender Specification by request to: email@example.com
All enquiries and communications regarding this tender should be referred in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
An electronic version of the tender document should be sent to the CEO of Limerick Youth Service at email@example.com no later than October 12th 2020 at 5.00pm. Short listed firms may be invited to present and discuss their proposals.