Killucan Area Services: Invitation to Tender for QQI Re-Engagement Facilitation / Mentoring
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Killucan Area Services CLG
Rathwire Hall, Killucan, Co. Westmeath
Invitation to Tender for QQI Re-Engagement Facilitation / Mentoring
Killucan Area Services (KAS) is a Company Limited by Guarantee, with charity status and is governed by the Articles & Memorandum of Association of the company.
It provides a range of services within the local community including a comprehensive Adult and Community Education Programme offering accredited and non-accredited courses.
Registered with QQI as a provider offering programmes leading to qualifications on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ), the programmes are provided on a modular basis.
Initially during the early 1990’s this group began providing its community education programme in response to local needs. In due course the centre was approved to provide National Council Vocational Awards (NCVA) accredited courses.
In 2007 it submitted its Quality Assurance policies and procedures to FETAC (now QQI) and was subsequently approved. Over the years a large number of adult learners have successfully completed and achieved certification at QQI Levels Five and Six. The majority of Awards were for Childcare related programmes.
Killucan Area Services (T/A Killucan Community Services Centre) is now preparing for QQI Re-engagement.
We are seeking the services of a Facilitator / Mentor to work with the company.
The work will be undertaken under the supervision of the management team. It will include working remotely and in our centre to undertake the main tasks. Days and times will be agreed in advance.
The main tasks include:
- Reviewing the existing Quality Assurance System of Killucan Area Services as originally approved by FETAC.
- Identifying what updates and / or new policies and procedures are required to comply with the new QQI Guidelines
- Drafting updates and relevant new policies and procedure for consideration by the Board.
- Overseeing the process and providing hands-on support to manage, organise, and to collate the work to complete the application for submission to QQI.
- Undertaking any additional tasks identified during the process to meet the requirements set out in the QQI Guidelines
Given the current COVID-19 situation a start and completion date cannot at this time be determined. It is intended that the recruitment and appointment process will commence immediately thereafter.
Qualifications and Experience
The Facilitator / Mentor will:
- Demonstrate that they are fully au-fait and up to date with the QQI Re-engagement Guidelines and the processes required to submit a successful application.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in the development of programmes leading to QQI awards.
- Demonstrate that they have the required knowledge and experience to develop Policies and Procedures to comply with the requirements of QQI
- Ideally he/she will demonstrate that they have a good working knowledge of and relationship with Education and Training Boards (ETB’s), and other relevant bodies.
The following resources will be available to the Facilitator/Mentor:
- A Steering Group
- Office / Computer
- Secretarial back up and support
- Appropriate records
The Adult Education Coordinator will be the point of contact for the duration of the project.
Please submit your proposal by email to Ms. Anne Carroll, Manager, Killucan Area Services CLG. at email@example.com before Friday, 5th June at 5.00p.m.
Submissions are to include:
- Details of qualifications, experience and knowledge as outlined at “Qualifications and Experience” above
- Details of your proposed approach and methodology
- An outline work plan with timescale for completing key milestones
- Contact details for two relevant work related referees
- A full breakdown of costs.
You will receive an acknowledgement on receipt of your tender, please note that the absence of an acknowledgement means your submission has not been received.
Late submissions will not be considered and will be deleted from our system.
Please note interviews will take place subject to ongoing COVID-19 directives. It is intended that interviews and work will commence promptly thereafter.
All applications will be treated in confidence and in accordance with the company’s Data Protection Policy.