Jennifer Whitmore TD: Parliamentary Assistant
Jennifer Whitmore TD is recruiting a full-time Parliamentary Assistant – Leinster House
Deputy Jennifer Whitmore is seeking to recruit a full-time Parliamentary Assistant (PA) to support her in her work in Leinster House and her constituency of Co. Wicklow. The Parliamentary Assistant will work closely with the Secretarial Assistant, staff of the Social Democrats Party, the Parliamentary Party, Party Branch members and constituents.
The potential candidate would ideally have previous experience within a relevant policy/research/communications role. The role will primarily be based between Leinster House and the constituency office in Greystones, Co. Wicklow, with some remote working options available.
- Being the primary support on all legislative, political, and administrative matters.
- Drafting speeches on legislation, press releases, parliamentary questions etc.
- Analysing, evaluating, and interpreting data to inform evidence-based policy on key issues.
- Regularly liaising with media, state agencies, NGOs and community organisations.
- Researching legislative and policy issues in support of the Deputy’s Spokesperson roles.
- Develop content for the Deputy’s social media channels.
- Efficiently handling constituency queries via different channels (e-mail, phone, letter, social media) with the support of the Secretarial Assistant.
- Developing literature on issues of both national and local importance.
- Planning and organising constituency events.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required.
- A relevant third-level qualification.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with conducting research.
- Excellent ICT skills with proficiency in managing websites and social media.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Irish political system, the workings of political parties and the Irish electoral system.
- An alignment with, and commitment to, the mission and values of the Social Democrats.
- An understanding of public policy and legislation.
- An independent and creative thinker.
- Ability to work well, both independently and within a team.
- Comfortable working within tight deadlines, and in a changing environment.
Salary: €41,092 – €52,200 (dependent on experience).
Pay scales are set out by the Houses of Oireachtas, not the individual TD. Overtime is available.
*It is important to note on applying for this position that the PA contract is subject to end when an election is called.
Please e-mail a letter of application along with a CV to email@example.com by Monday 3rd October, 2022 at 5pm.