Retina International: Science Communications Officer
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Science Communications Officer
Retina International is seeking a highly motivated professional to join our Dublin based team. This post holder must have a passion for science communications and will play a key role in supporting the implementation of the organisation’s engagement strategies which will contribute to the achievement of Retina International’s strategic goals: Educate, Participate, Innovate.
About Retina International
Retina International is a global umbrella organisation for patient-led charities and foundations who support research into rare, genetically inherited and age-related retinal conditions. RI believes that education leading to participation is a key driver in successful innovation. www.retina-international.org
Employment Type: One-year full time contract
Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Develop and disseminate communications materials such as newsletters, surveys, press releases, blog posts, publications, web pages and scientific literature
- Contribute to in-house production of multimedia content: podcasts, webinars, graphics, infographics, video clips
- Plan and conduct interviews with industry professionals to aid in content development
- Manage Retina International social media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) by regularly collecting and analysing performance, developing and implementing a social media strategy, and posting and sharing social media content
- Contribute to the delivery and promotion of capacity-building and educational resources and events, including webinars
- Manage the Retina International websites, suggesting communications improvements accordingly
- Manage and update content on Retina International websites, in line with WCAG 2.1 guidelines
- Represent RI when required at international conferences and events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Communications, Health Promotion or related field
- Experience running social media accounts in a professional capacity
- Familiarity with software and platforms such as MS Office, WordPress, Canva, MailChimp, YouTube, Survey Monkey
- Excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and tact
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (native or near-native speaker); a second language is an asset.
- Ability to manage online meetings and webinars via platforms such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom
- Skilled multi-tasker who values high-quality delivery of outputs
- Team player with strong multicultural skills; experience working in an NGO or membership organisation is an asset.
- Interest in and understanding of the mission and values of Retina International
Retina International offers:
- The opportunity to work in an international environment with a dynamic team
- An interesting role that intersects international policy, cutting-edge research, and patient engagement
- Hybrid working model
- Competitive salary
Closing date for applications is Friday, September 30th. To apply, please email CV and cover letter to Ms. Fiona Waters, Education & Engagement Manager – Fiona.firstname.lastname@example.org