Diocese of Meath: Finance Manager
VACANCY FOR THE POSITION OF FINANCE MANAGER
The Diocese of Meath is comprised of sixty-nine parishes, which are located in Counties Meath, Westmeath, Offaly, Longford, Louth and Cavan. Services include the provision of pastoral support to the sixty-nine parishes and co-ordination and support of ministry, diocesan archives, other pastoral supports, youth ministry, schools advisory and management services, safeguarding across the Diocese in a changing environment.
The Finance Office will deal with all aspects of diocesan finance, including interactions with the general public, parish clergy, secretaries and offices and other dioceses, regulatory bodies and the Irish Episcopal Conference.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the Diocesan Bishop, the successful applicant will be responsible for the development and implementation of appropriate financial infrastructure for the Diocese. Working closely with the Diocesan Secretary and Diocesan Finance Committee, duties will include: treasury; payroll; suppliers and expenses; budgetary preparation and control; preparation of consolidated management accounts, balance sheet, reconciliation; compliance with statutory regulations and best accounting practices. The successful candidate will also be required to offer support and training to parish finance committees and ensure compliance with charity and diocesan norms at parish level.
The successful applicant will be located in the finance office of the Meath Diocese which is based in Mullingar.
In order to be considered for this Position candidates must have:
- A recognised professional Accountancy Qualification (ACA, ACCA, ACMA).
- A minimum of 5 years’, ideally post-qualification experience, in a senior Accountancy or Finance role.
- A proven ability in Financial Management and Budgeting with sound knowledge and understanding of budgetary, financial management and commercial processes.
- Significant experience in ensuring compliance with financial regulation.
- Experience in the preparation of Financial Statements and Audit.
- Expertise in Financial and Information Systems and a demonstrated capacity in this area.
- Supervisory Management experience and strong people management skills.
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to adapt communication style and technique to a wide variety of Diocesan contexts.
- Advanced IT skills as well as familiarity with recognised financial software packages
In addition, it is desirable that candidates have:
- A level eight degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Studies or equivalent.
- Previous experience or familiarity with the charitable sector and compliance responsibilities under the Charities Act 2009
- Familiarity with the SURF accounting software.
Special Requirements for the Position:
- An interest in working in an environment where there is a requirement to understand the structure, ethos and operating environment of a faith-based organisation.
- Flexibility with regard to hours of work and travel.
- Full clean driving license and the use of a car.
Candidates must clearly indicate in their applications how they meet each of the above criteria and will be shortlisted on the basis of both essential and desirable criteria.
Current CV together with a separate statement of suitability for the position (maximum 300 words) to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing deadline of 5.00 pm on Monday 15 August 2022.
This is a permanent full-time post. Applicants available for a four-day working week will also be considered.
A panel may be formed from the recruitment process that will expire after 1 year. Garda Vetting will apply in respect of this position.
Please note that incomplete or late applications will not be considered.