Family Carers Ireland: National Lead for Home Support Services
Job Advertisement: National Lead for Home Support Services
(Open to Public Competition)
Family Carers Ireland (FCI) is the national charity supporting over 500,000 family carers across the country who dedicate their lives to caring for loved ones such as children or adults with physical or intellectual disabilities, frail older people, those with palliative care needs or those living with chronic illnesses or addiction. We provide a range of services and supports for family carers nationally from our local support centres.
Family Carers Ireland is currently recruiting a National Lead for Home Support Services reporting to our Interim Head of Home Support Services. Working as a member of the Senior Management team, the National Lead for Home Support Services is responsible for the efficient management and delivery of the Organisation’s Home Support Services nationally. This service must be provided in a cost-effective manner and be compliant in accordance with agreed standards and financial objectives. A key objective for this role will be to diversify and grow Family Carers Ireland’s market share nationally. The National Lead for Home Support Services will also be responsible for the line management and development of a team of Home Services Managers across the country.
Role Criteria: The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications, skills & experience:
- A Degree in Business or a related Healthcare or Science background is desirable;
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in a management role;
- Experience in a leadership role in a healthcare setting, ideally in the delivery of Home Support Services, with a track record in Business Development;
- Extremely strong IT, report writing, project management and people management skills are essential;
- Strong budgeting and financial management experience;
- An understanding of a public health approach;
- An understanding of the needs of family carers;
- Experience managing the performance of teams remotely;
- Qualification or experience in coaching / mentoring is desirable;
- Understanding of quality systems – Policies, Procedures, Protocols and Guidelines (PPPGs) development, implementation and monitoring;
- Effective communication and collaboration skills;
- Full drivers’ licence, with access to own vehicle.
Terms & Conditions: Permanent, full-time contract (37 hours per week; Monday - Friday). The successful candidate will adhere to a hybrid model of working i.e. from their home location and from a Family Carers Ireland location close to their home. Flexibility to travel to meetings as required is essential.
Prospective candidates may contact us through the email address below for a copy of the job description and details regarding terms and conditions if they wish.
Application Process - Applicants are invited to submit their up-to date CV and cover letter demonstrating how they meet the above criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday, July 12th 2022.
Family Carers Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer