Green Party: Secretarial Assistant to Eamon Ryan TD, Minister for Environment, Climate, Communications and Transport
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Secretarial Assistant to Eamon Ryan TD, Minister for Environment, Climate, Communications and Transport
Salary €23,180 - €43,094 (Salary point determined by the Oireachtas)
Responsible to Eamon Ryan TD, Minister for Environment, Climate, Communications and Transport
Start Date: October
Location: Constituency office at Department Environment, Climate, Communications
Option to work from home as required and in line with Government guidelines
Constituency visits may be required from time to time.
Main purpose of the role
The main function of the Secretarial Assistant is to attend to constituency queries and local political matters in support of the Parliamentary Aide and other team members, and to ensure that regular communications to constituents are conducted professionally and in a timely manner.
- Assist the Parliamentary Aide and the Constituency Office team to deliver quick and appropriate responses to constituency queries.
- Reply to phone calls on the constituency phone as needed.
- Work with Green Party councillors in Dublin Bay South to ensure comprehensive and
- consistent replies to queries and an efficient flow of information
- Work with the Parliamentary Aide in providing content for constituency newsletters, both print and e-newsletters
- Research on local and national issues as required
- Ensuring the Minister’s website are updated regularly.
- Assisting in issuing locally focused press releases and attending to other local media matters as required
- Working with the Parliamentary Aide to ensure that the work the Minister undertakes in his Department is converted into clear communications that can be used by the Constituency office, by other members of the Parliamentary Party and by local Councillors.
- Identifying important local political issues and working on developing responses in coordination with Minister and his team.
- Liaising with the wider Green Party team and members as required
- Diary management
- Stakeholder engagement events
- Ad hoc duties as required
The foregoing is not an exhaustive list of duties and the Secretarial Assistant will be required to demonstrate reasonable flexibility and adaptability as the operational needs of the office evolve.
- A third level qualification in a related field
- 2- 3 years’ work experience in an administrative, public affairs, communications role
- Strong administration skills including MS Office, emails, database management
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Strong personal time management and organisational skills and proven ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment
- Experience working in a public-facing role and helping members of the public
- Accuracy and attention to detail and ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a close-knit team
- Some experience in editing, digital content creation and website management
- Knowledge of the Dublin Bay South constituency and its core local issues
- Demonstrable interest in environment, climate action, public policy and politics, and a Green Party supporter
This is a fixed-term (33rd Dáil term) contract of employment. The payscale for this position is subject to the Houses of the Oireachtas Scheme for Secretarial Assistants. Overtime is available. Some out-of-hours work may be required from time to time.
Deadline is 5pm Monday 20th of September 2021.