Cork Environmental Forum: Co-ordinator for the Transport & Mobility Forum
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Co-ordinator for the Transport & Mobility Forum, Cork
(Temporary contract from August 2021 – December 2021)
The position is part-time 19 hours per week.
The Transport & Mobility Forum, is a cross sectoral group, focusing on sustainable and active travel in the Cork region.
The Coordinator will have responsibility for organizing and developing the work and aims of the Transport and Mobility Forum.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To support the TMF Steering group to implement a programme of activities, including educational and promotional events, policy development and practical supports to support more active daily commuting.
- Strengthen and generate links with other statutory and voluntary agencies such as Cork Sports Partnership, Education sector, Public Participation Network and Businesses.
- Develop an awareness raising and communication strategy to deliver an advocacy role in the support of sustainable and active travel through web site, print media, radio, and in publicity material
- Research and develop policy positions on the development of the built environment for urban development & planning which supports better public realm including enhanced opportunities for walking and cycling.
- Support the development of the TMF programme of work to help implement the aims of National and Local strategies such as ‘Get Ireland Active’ National Physical Activity Plan for Ireland Action Area 4 ‘Environment’, “Smarter Travel”, Cork City Cycling Strategy
- To work across communities in Cork with a focus on some key target population groups in the development of active travel programmes including students, disadvantaged communities, women, and workplaces
- Co-ordinate the activities of the TMF including meetings, reports and on-going activities.
- Help to promote the activities of representative organisations on the TMF e.g. Bike Week in conjunction with Cork Sports Partnership including Cork Safer Cycling Programme in Primary Schools, Bike for Life and Sprocket Rocket Programme
- To promote and be a point of contact for the programme locally;
- To support the evaluation of the programme;
- To be a link person with the steering group;
- Provide follow up supports to ensure implementation of actions by liaising and working with the members of the Steering Committee and its Task Groups.
- Facilitate collaboration across a wide range of stakeholders associated with Green Spaces for Health including local residents, local businesses, Cork City Council, health promotion agencies, community, statutory and voluntary organizations.
Core Competencies and qualifications required
- 3-5 years work experience in project or programme development, preferably in the area of active travel.
- Good social, communication and organisational skills
- Have a good knowledge of policy in the area of sustainable travel and be competent at engaging people in consultation processes.
- Competency of PR, use of social media and awareness raising an advantage.
- Ability to take direction from a committee
Letter of application and Curriculum Vitae by 5pm Friday 30th July 2021 to email@example.com
Interviews will take place on Thursday 5th August 2021
Informal enquiries to Bernie Connolly 083-1468064 or firstname.lastname@example.org