Pieta: Pre-Accredited Psychotherapists / Counselling Psychologists – Nationwide
Role: Pre-Accredited Psychotherapists / Counselling Psychologists – Nationwide
Location: Pieta Centre’s Nationwide
(i) A recognized qualification at minimum Level 7 or higher qualification on the NQAI framework in Counselling or a Level 9 in Counselling Psychology.
(ii) Be a pre accredited Psychotherapist / Counselling Psychologist with at least 300 hours of client work completed with IACP, BACP, IAHIP, FTAI, IAPTP, APPI, APCP, NAPCP, PSI or ICP.
Role & Responsibilities:
The role of the Pre Accredited Therapist is to provide professional and compassionate therapeutic support to individuals who are in suicidal or self-harm crisis and those bereaved by suicide. With the support of the Lead Therapist and wider team you will have the opportunity complete your clinical hour requirements to progress to a fully accredited Therapist with Pieta.
- Provide evidence informed, brief, strengths based & goal focused interventions
- Work in accordance with Pieta’s Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
- Liaise and consult with other professionals in supporting the client as required
- Ensure clinical records are properly and accurately maintained as required
- Attend external clinical supervision twice per month (paid by Pieta) and attend group and internal supervision internally in Pieta once per month
- Contribute to research, audit and evaluation of the service as required
- Fulfil obligations as per the Children First Act 2015
- Comply with responsibilities under the Data Protection Acts 1988, 2003 & 2018 (GDPR)
- Ensure compliance with any necessary on-going psychotherapy registration requirements
- Maintain professional and personal boundaries
- Participate in team meetings and attend other meetings as deemed necessary
- Share information with the Lead Therapist, Regional Manager, Pieta team and other services as appropriate in accordance with good practice
- Ability to engage adults and children in assessment and therapeutic work
- Experience of working with crisis intervention and suicide bereavement
- Knowledge of Brief Solution Focused Interventions, CBT etc.
- Ability to reflect on practice in order to facilitate personal learning, professional development and service improvement
- Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathize
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team
- Strong time management skills and capacity to prioritise competing demands
Hours & Salary:
- 12 & 16 hours per week over 3 & 4 days (including x1 evening) €18.50 per hour
Note: Garda Vetting is required (of the successful candidates) for all positions.
Applications for the above should be made through our website or via email, attaching a cover letter (outlining your particular suitability to the role) with an updated Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com by 23rd June 2021.
PIETA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER