Pieta: National and International Campaigns Manager (Maternity Cover)
National and International Campaigns Manager – Maternity Leave Cover
Pieta’s vision is a world where suicide, self-harm and stigma have been replaced by hope, self-care and acceptance. In response Pieta has developed an ambitious fundraising target of €15 Million annual fundraised income by 2023.
Reporting to the Individual Directors of Fundraising and Marketing, the National and International Campaign Manager is responsible for delivering Pieta’s flagship annual fundraising campaign – Darkness into Light and is responsible for the overall delivery of income across all channels for this campaign. In addition to this, the role will be responsible for driving and developing additional public engagement and fundraising campaigns at key points in the calendar year such as Feel Good with Pieta.
This is a key role in the delivery of Pieta’s fundraising – engaging with more than 200,000 people worldwide and working closely with strategic partners. This role will drive continuous learning and development of the marketing and income channels including social and third party platforms. Ensuring a best in class supporter experience for committees and participants will be vital. The role will deliver Darkness into Light and other campaigns on time and to budget ensuring a best in class supporter experience for partners, committees and participants.
Delivery of the Darkness into Light income target
You will be responsible for meeting overall annual income targets for Darkness into Light. Ensuring all campaigns are delivered on time and within budget. Insights from an annual strategic evaluation and planning process in Q3 will strengthen and grow income from this event year on year.
Darkness into Light & campaign products
- Project management of Darkness into light across more than 180 Irish and 47 international venues annually – achieve our goal of engaging 250,000 participants in 2022
- Work to ensure engagement of our sponsor Electric Ireland setting and meeting shared campaign objectives and reporting requirements
- Continuously improve supporter and committee engagement through test and learn, support, feedback and improvements to messaging and the supporter experience
- Using a data-led approach design and implement strategies drive increased participation and fundraising
- Manage the Darkness into Light budget to plan ensuring savings and efficiencies where possible
- Working with our sponsor Electric Ireland and our marketing team develop and deliver a compelling ATL concept concept, storytelling, authentic representation of our clients – ensure highly motivating reason to support and engage for new and existing supporters
- Grow the income from Feel Good with Pieta and innovate to develop further products working with the wider community and regional fundraising team.
- Evaluate and develop a strategic model for international market growth for launch in 2022
- Ensure compliance, transparency and governance requirements adhered to across all partner, committee and supplier relationships
- Manage the National and International campaigns (Darkness into Light Project team) ensuring a highly motivated and supported team
- Structured team management approach with clear KPIS, coaching and development
- Manage the Darkness into Light project budget closely working with finance to forecast spend and balance priorities in a monthly process
- Drive cost-savings and efficiencies whilst ensuring supporter and committee engagement
- Work with partners to identify suitable opportunities to add value for participants
- Work with wider team including marketing and finance to ensure we drive value from third party agencies and suppliers
- Undertake any relevant work delegated by the Directors of Fundraising and Marketing
- Participate in cross-departmental working groups, management meetings and workshops as required
- Share Pieta’s values, participate as a full member of the team and support activities across the whole organisation as appropriate
- Engage in regular one to one sessions with the Directors of Fundraising and Marketing
- Participate in relevant training and development courses as agreed with your manager
- Be vigilant to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your manager or Health & Safety Representative
- Third level degree in strategic marketing or business development is required
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of project management – managing large and complex projects across multiple disciplines
- Problem solving approach – and solutions focus. Uses data to inform decision-making and strategy
- Proven, extensive experience of stakeholder management – can quickly build rapport and buy-in at a senior level both internally and with key corporate partners
- Strong marketing and copy writing skills, ability to brief agencies, critically assess content to deliver on brand values.
- Wide knowledge of third party fundraising platforms, web management and CRM systems
- Strong supplier management experience – strong on negotiation and cost management
- Strong creative and writing ability and attention to detail
- Professional communication skills, including excellent presentation skills
- Ability to prioritise and work independently to achieve results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to engage and motivate staff, volunteers and supporters
- Knowledge of the charity market and non-profit, donor charter and compliance requirements
- Strong understanding of GDPR legislation and impact on donor acquisition and stewardship
- As Pieta is a national organisation, this role may require travel for work and a willingness to work weekends, evenings and unsociable hours will be required at times.
Applications for the above should be made through our website or via email, attaching a cover letter (outlining your particular suitability to the role) with an updated Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd June 2021.
PIETA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER