Pieta: Sessional Psychotherapists / Counselling Psychologists – Waterford
Sessional Psychotherapists / Counselling Psychologists – Waterford
- Sessional Basis – x4 hour shifts over 2 days
- Rate of pay €45 per hour/session, €20 for dna/csn
(i) A recognized qualification at minimum Level 7 or higher qualification on the NQAI framework in Counselling or a Level 9 in Counselling Psychology.
(ii) Be a fully accredited Psychotherapist / Counselling Psychologist with the Irish Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (IACP), Irish Association of Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy (IAHIP), Family Therapy Association of Ireland (FTAI), National Association of Professional Counselling & Psychotherapy (NAPCP), Psychological Society of Ireland (PSI) or Irish Council of Psychotherapy (ICP).
Role & Responsibilities:
We are currently recruiting for a sessional therapist who will be called on to provide cover in our Waterford centre. We provide counselling for both Adults and children, experience of working with U18’s is essential.
- Conduct face to face risk & suitability assessments and implement risk management plans as appropriate
- Provide evidence informed, brief, strengths based & goal focused interventions
- Work in accordance with Pieta’s Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
- Liaise and consult with other professionals in supporting the client as required
- Maintain accurate, confidential records of practice using Salesforce
- Attend external clinical supervision twice per month and attend group supervision internally in Pieta once per month
- Contribute to research, audit and evaluation of the service as required
- Ensure compliance with any necessary on-going psychotherapy registration requirements
- Maintain professional and personal boundaries
- Participate in team meetings and attend other meetings as deemed necessary
- Share information with the Lead Therapist, Regional Manager, Pieta team and other services as appropriate in accordance with good practice
- Ability to engage adults and children in assessment and therapeutic work
- Experience of working with crisis intervention and suicide bereavement
- Knowledge of Brief Solution Focused Interventions, CBT etc.
- Ability to reflect on practice in order to facilitate personal learning, professional development and service improvement
- Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathize
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Strong time management skills and capacity to prioritise competing demands
- Ability to foster good working relationships with external agencies and organisations
Note: Garda Vetting is required (of the successful candidates) for this position.
Applications for the above post should be made via email, attaching a cover letter (outlining your particular suitability to the role) with an updated Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd April 2021.
PIETA HOUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER