Pieta: Psychotherapists / Counselling Psychologists - Galway
Role: Psychotherapists / Counselling Psychologists - Galway
Hours & Salary:
- 20 hours per week over 5 days (including x1 evening) €26,000 per annum
- 16 hours per week over 4 days (including x1 evening) €20,000 per annum
- 12 hours per week over 3 days (including x1 evening) €15,000 per annum
Employment Type: Permanent
(i) A recognized qualification at minimum Level 7 or higher qualification on the NQAI framework in Counselling or a Level 9 in Counselling Psychology.
(ii) Be accredited as a Psychotherapist / Counselling Psychologist with the Irish Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (IACP), Irish Association of Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy (IAHIP), Family Therapy Association of Ireland (FTAI), National Association of Professional Counselling & Psychotherapy (NAPCP), Psychological Society of Ireland (PSI) or Irish Council of Psychotherapy (ICP).
Pieta provide a range of counselling services for people who are suicidal, engage in self-harm or who are bereaved by suicide. Pieta operate over 10 centres, 5 outreach services, a national 24-hour helpline (1800 247 247) and a dedicated Research, Education and Training office.
Reporting directly to the Lead Therapist the role of the Therapist is to provide professional and compassionate therapeutic support to individuals who are in suicidal or self-harm crisis, and those bereaved by suicide. We provide counselling for both Adults and children, experience of working with U12’s would be advantageous.
To ensure we continue to provide effective services our Therapists are required to assess clients face to face, we facilitate physical/social distancing and public health requirements at all times.
Role & Responsibilities:
- To conduct face to face risk & suitability assessments and implement risk management plans as appropriate
- To provide evidence informed, brief, strengths based & goal focused interventions
- To work in accordance with Pieta’s Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
- To liaise and consult with other professionals in supporting the client as required
- To maintain accurate, confidential records of practice using Salesforce
- Ensure clinical records are properly and accurately maintained as required
- Ensure records of work activity are accurately kept and inputted on Salesforce
- To participate in external clinical supervision and attend group supervision internally in Pieta once per calendar month
- To contribute to research, audit and evaluation of the service as required
- To fulfil obligations as per the Children First Act 2015
- To comply with responsibilities under the Data Protection Acts 1988, 2003 & 2018 (GDPR)
- Ensure compliance with any necessary on-going psychotherapy registration requirements
- To maintain professional and personal boundaries
- To participate in team meetings and attend other meetings as deemed necessary
- To be flexible regarding working hours in line with the needs of the service (incorporating late evening and weekend work)
- To share information with the Lead Therapist, Regional Manager, Pieta team and other services as appropriate in accordance with good practice
- Ability to engage adults and children in assessment and therapeutic work
- Knowledge of Child and Adolescent Counselling
- Experience of working with crisis intervention and suicide bereavement
- Knowledge of Brief Solution Focused Interventions, CBT etc.
- Ability to reflect on practice in order to facilitate personal learning, professional development and service improvement
- Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathize
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team
- Strong time management skills and capacity to prioritise competing demands
- Ability to consult, liaise with other services as required
- Ability to foster good working relationships with external agencies and organisations
Note: Garda Vetting is required (of the successful candidates) for all positions.
Applications for the above should be made through our website or via email, attaching a cover letter (outlining your particular suitability to the role) with an updated Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com.
PIETA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER