FirstLight: Chief Executive Officer
Now Recruiting - Chief Executive Officer
FirstLight is a longstanding, small to medium-sized national charity supporting parents and family members who have experienced the unexpected death of a child or sibling. FirstLight’s trauma informed services are located at levels 3 and 4 of the Adult Bereavement Care Pyramid. There has been a marked increase in demand for the organisation’s services since 2019.
FirstLight is the trading name of Irish Sudden Infant Death Association. Registered Charity No. CHY7716 and Company Registration Number 113349.
FirstLight’s core team located in the Carmichael Centre, Dublin 7 is supported by an extensive national register of outsourced therapists.
Due to the recent announcement of its incumbent CEO of her intention to resign, FirstLight is now seeking a new appointee to lead the organisation. Central to the role of CEO will be to operationalise and maximise FirstLight’s vision that any parent or family that is suddenly bereaved will be treated with compassion and will be impacted positively through timely access to crisis intervention and professional/clinical therapeutic services.
The CEO is responsible for the overall management and implementation of the organisation’s strategic and operational goals. To deliver on those goals, the board of FirstLight is keen to engage with suitable candidates with the personal values and relevant experience profile which includes:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working at senior management level within a comparable organisational structure.
- A thorough understanding of the key issues affecting the charity, community, and voluntary sectors in Ireland.
- Significant leadership experience in service development.
- Demonstrated ability to make difficult and challenging decisions that support strategic aims and long-term vision.
- Proven strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate a team towards the achievement of desired outcomes with the key emphasis on effectiveness.
- Financial literacy, fund raising experience and a track record of successful management of grant provider relationships.
- A successful track record of working with and within a volunteer supported organisation.
- Prior experience of managing change and utilisation of digital resources.
- A degree or relevant professional qualification is ideally required.
A strong understanding of, and empathy for, FirstLight’s mission and objectives is essential. FirstLight is a values- driven organisation and thus the CEO will champion an approach to work based on integrity and service. Compassion, empathy, respect, and hope govern FirstLight’s interventions.
Further details are provided in the candidate information pack. Interested applicants should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Key dates in the recruitment process are set out below;
- 6th June – application deadline (midnight)
- 12th June – candidate screening
- 21st June – candidate interview
FirstLight adheres to the principles of equality, diversity, and inclusion in all appointments.