Pieta: Pre-Accredited Psychotherapist - Collins Avenue
Pre-Accredited Psychotherapist - Collins Avenue
Pieta’s vision is a world where suicide, self-harm and stigma have been replaced by hope, self-care and acceptance. Pieta provide a range of counselling services for people who are suicidal, engage in self-harm or who are bereaved by suicide. Pieta also operate a national 24-hour helpline (1800 247 247) and a dedicated Education and Training office. We are committed to delivering our services with care and professionalism and continue to strive to ensure that we provide the best service for our clients.
Location: 309 Collins Avenue, Whitehall, D09 DX53
Position Type: 6-month fixed term contract - 10 hrs per week over 2 days
Salary: €18.50 per hour
About the Role:
The Pre-Accredited division has been set up to support the recruitment of new therapists into Pieta, as well as giving Pre-Accredited therapists a paid opportunity to complete clinical hours required to become fully accredited.
Pre-Accredited therapists coming into Pieta will already be qualified, having completed a minimum Level 8 course in Counselling & Psychotherapy and have already completed a minimum 200 client therapy hours as a pre-accredited therapist with a professional accrediting body.
Contracts are on a 6-month fixed-term basis working 10 hours per week over 2 days. Shifts are 5 hours in duration based on site in a Pieta centre providing face to face therapy to clients.
- Max 4x clients per day with 1x hour allocated for administrative duties
- Working days/hours will be fixed and agreed at time of recruitment with Lead Therapist
- Upon completion of hours and obtaining full accreditation, you may then choose to apply for a fully employed therapist role within Pieta as vacancies arise
Role & Responsibilities:
The role of the Pre-Accredited Therapist is to provide professional and compassionate therapeutic support to adults who are in suicidal or self-harm crisis and those bereaved by suicide. With the support of the Lead Therapist and wider team you will have the opportunity to complete your clinical hour requirements.
- Provide evidence informed, brief, strengths based & goal focused interventions
- Work in accordance with Pieta’s Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
- Liaise and consult with other professionals in supporting the client as required
- Ensure clinical records are properly and accurately maintained as required
- Attend external clinical supervision (paid by Pieta) and attend monthly group supervision internally in Pieta.
- Contribute to research, audit and evaluation of the service as required
- Fulfil obligations as per the Children First Act 2015
- Comply with responsibilities under the Data Protection Acts 1988, 2003 & 2018 (GDPR)
- Ensure compliance with any necessary on-going psychotherapy registration requirements
- Maintain professional and personal boundaries
- Participate in team meetings and attend other meetings as deemed necessary
- Share information with the Lead Therapist, Regional Manager, Pieta team and other services as appropriate in accordance with good practice
Essential Education, Skills and Experience:
- (i) A recognized qualification at minimum Level 8 or higher qualification on the NQAI framework in Counselling/Psychotherapy or a Level 9 in Counselling Psychology
(ii) Be a pre accredited Psychotherapist / Counselling Psychologist with at least 200 hours of client work completed post qualification with IACP, BACP, IAHIP, FTAI, IAPTP, APPI, APCP, NAPCP, PSI or ICP
- Ability to engage individuals in therapeutic work
- Experience of working with crisis intervention and suicide bereavement
- Knowledge of Brief Solution Focused Interventions, CBT etc.
- Ability to reflect on practice in order to facilitate personal learning, professional development and service improvement
- Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathize
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team
- Strong time management skills and capacity to prioritise competing demands
- Strong IT Skills including CRM system management and reporting
- Client work that counts towards required hours to attain full accreditation
- Support, guidance and mentoring from a dedicated Lead Therapist
- Pieta Way training for all new starters
- External supervision (paid for by Pieta)
- Paid role at rate of €18.50 per hour and accrual of leave entitlements
- Occupational pension scheme (Upon completion of probation period)
- Travel pass & bike to work schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
Applications must include a cover letter outlining specific qualifications completed, associated accreditation body and details on the amount of therapy/ client hours completed to date towards your full accreditation.
Apply via the website or by emailing your cover letter and CV to email@example.com .
Closing date is the 9th of December 2022.
Note: Garda Vetting is required of the successful candidate
PIETA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER