Pieta: Remote Helpline Psychotherapists
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Remote Helpline Psychotherapists
The Pieta 24hr Crisis Helpline is a confidential professional service providing telephone/SMS crisis support, advice, and referral for those bereaved through suicide, engaging in self-harm, experiencing suicide ideation and concerned friends or family members.
Pieta is presently recruiting Remote Helpline Psychotherapists to join our existing team.
Hours: 24hrs per week on average (13 X 8hr shifts per month)
Location: Fully Remote – Laptop and phone will be provided
Salary: €22.84 basic rate per hour/€30.00 Sunday rate per hour
Position Type: Permanent Contract
24hr Crisis Helpline therapists works morning, afternoon, evening and night shifts – there is a set rotating roster in place, and this role requires all helpline therapists to work across this rotating shift pattern.
- Have completed a Diploma or Degree course in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Be an Accredited or Pre-Accredited member of IACP, BACP, IAHIP, FTAI, IAPTP, APPI, APCP, NAPCP, PSI or ICP.
- Be flexible and available to work shifts across the 24-hour day, including night shifts & weekends and on a rotating basis
- Demonstrate evidence of their personal therapy work
- Excellent listening, communication, decision-making and assessment skills
- Great warmth and the ability to empathise
- Proficiency in MS Office and Outlook
- Previous helpline experience, either in a paid or voluntary capacity
- Training and experience in working with those at risk of or affected by suicide
- Experience in working as part of a Clinical Team
- Experience using Salesforce or similar CRM system
The successful candidate shall be required to:
- Build relationships and support callers using the stated policies and procedures of the Helpline
- Work within the ethos and philosophy of Pieta
- Receive ongoing external clinical supervision and attend group supervision internally in Pieta once per calendar month
- Actively participate in Pieta internal meetings as appropriate e.g., staff/clinical meetings
- Take responsibility for one’s own continued professional development
- Keep up to date with best practice and procedures at all times in line with the Code of Ethics of IACP, IAHIP, FTAI, NAPCP, BACP, ICP or equivalent
- 2 paid days to attend a course relevant to your role in Pieta and €150 contribution towards a CPD course
- Entitlement to 2 paid supervision (independent) sessions per month up to a maximum of €70 per session
- Occupational pension scheme (Upon completion of probation period)
- Travel pass & bike to work schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee discounts
- Supportive team environment with monthly in-house group supervision and Pieta Way training for all new starters
Note: Garda Vetting is required of the successful candidates
Applications for the above should be made through our website or via email, attaching a cover letter (outlining your particular suitability to the role) with an updated Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com by Friday 2nd December 2022.
PIETA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER