Saint Joseph’s Shankill: Staff Nurse
Saint Joseph’s Shankill, a service of Saint John of God Hospital CLG, is the largest care home in Ireland solely dedicated to dementia care. We are leading the way in dementia care in Ireland, by providing the highest quality, person-centred supportive care to our residents, where their home, happiness and feelings matter most. We have transformed from a traditional style, medical modelled nursing home to a culture of social care provided in our six homes, or ‘lodges’ as they are known. This has been a change project inspired and led by the retiring Director of Nursing. We are an accredited Meaningful Care Matters ‘Butterfly Home’. We are part of the Irish Hospice Foundation’s CEOL Programme focusing on person- centred end of life care. We have achieved Volunteer Ireland’s Investing in Volunteers Excellence Award. We are proud winners of the NHI Excellence in Dementia Care Award in 2018 and the 2020 Winners of Charity Impact Award for a large organisation.
(Permanent Full Time)
Are you passionate about dementia care? We are seeking to appoint Staff Nurses.
The successful candidates should be flexible and committed and fulfil the following criteria:
- Current registration on the General / Psychiatric division of the register maintained by Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI)
- Have three years’ experience in a senior nursing role
- Current experience in care of the elderly and of people with dementia
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant clinical standards
- Demonstrate excellent communication (both verbal and written), organisational skills, flexibility and commitment
- A post graduate diploma in gerontology or dementia is desirable.
A full job description is available upon request. Please call Ms Elaine Byrne on 01-2719200 or by email email@example.com
For informal enquiries please contact: Ms. Sinoy Allyboccus, Director of Nursing 01-2719200
Applicants should submit full Curriculum Vitae together with a cover letter (1 x A4) to Ms. Elaine Byrne via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Remuneration will be based on the Department of Health Consolidated Salary Scales.
Closing Date for receipt of all applications is 17:00hrs on Friday, October 14th 2022.
A panel may be formed from which future vacancies may be filled.
Saint John of God Hospital CLG is an equal opportunities employer.