Praxis Care: Manager - The Hub Day Service, Drogheda
Are you looking for a part-time or full-time career that will develop you, challenge you and allow you to make a difference in the lives of others?
Praxis Care supports individuals with mental ill health, autism, learning disabilities and dementia; providing innovative, professional, high quality support services to people across the spectrum of need and particularly at the higher level of complexity in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, England and the Isle of Man.
Praxis Care is currently experiencing exceptional growth and, as a result, have the following vacancies within Intellectual Disability Services:
The Hub Day Service, Drogheda, Co. Louth
The Hub is a day service that caters for adults with a diagnosis of autism, intellectual disability and/ or complex needs. Service users attending the service can present with challenging behaviours at times to communicate their wants and needs. The Hub aims to support individualised day activities that promote social inclusion within the local community. The Hub operates under the New Direction guidelines which aims to promote a person centred, needs led approach. The role as an activity facilitator will require aspects of lone working, this can include working on a 1:1 basis with a service user to help them complete their planned activities.
For more information on the role please contact the scheme manager on 0419803634
Watch a short video to hear directly from people we support and staff who are already working in our Day Services: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKUY3JdDjDw
€49,092 – 58,211 per annum
*Salary information is based on working full time hours. Salary dependent on qualification/experience. Full time contract is available and can be discussed at interview.
- Professional qualification in Social Work/Applied Social Studies OR First or Second Level Nursing OR Degree in the Health and Social Care Suite OR QCF Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Services OR Degree in Youth & Community work
- 2 years paid experience in the intellectual disability or autism field for those with Social Work/Applied Social Studies or Nursing qualifications
- 3 years paid experience in the intellectual disability or autism field for those with a Degree or QCF qualification as listed above
- 3 years’ experience in a supervisory or management role in the area of health and social care.
- Full valid driving licence on application and access to own transport on appointment.
A Great Work Environment
- Compassionate culture
- Comprehensive training and 24/7 team support
- Continuous professional development/training including the opportunity to gain recognised qualifications related to your role e.g QCF3/5
- Career progression opportunities
- Opportunities for additional hours
Care For Your Physical and Mental Health
- Paid annual leave, which increases with length of service
- Occupational sick pay
- Employer funded Healthcare scheme which includes savings on high street retail outlets and gym membership
- PPE provided
- Confidential counselling service
- Save on the purchase of any bicycle on the Organisation Cycle to work scheme
- Eye test vouchers
- Access to information portals & assistance through 3rd party vendors on areas related to your Mental, Physical and Financial Wellbeing
Additional Financial Benefits
- Coming soon: Early Access to earned wages through the employer salary advance software
- Pension plan
- Refer-a-friend bonuses
- Death in service benefit
- Long service awards
As an organisation we are dedicated to ensuring that all of our employees are equipped to carry out their role. We therefore provide comprehensive training that all employees complete before taking up their new career within Praxis which will last for 2 weeks and cover all of the information and training you will need.
Closing Date: Wednesday 10th August 2022
Interview Date: Monday 15th August 2022
For a full job description detailing essential and desirable criteria, and to apply please visit:
For any other queries please contact:
Telephone: 028 9081 8412
A waiting list may be created to fill similar vacancies in this jurisdiction which may arise within 9 months of the interview date.
To see what our staff have to say about working for Praxis Care please visit https://youtu.be/AGvIqLDTagY
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable individuals and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including, but not limited to, a satisfactory reference from your current employer and enhanced Police Check will be required for all successful candidates within direct care positions before a start date can be confirmed.
Praxis Care is an Equal Opportunities Employer