Coolmine: In-reach Nurse Coordinator
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Job Title In-reach Nurse Coordinator
Hours: Full time – 35 hours per week
Location: South Dublin
Reports to: Integrated Care & Case Management Team Leader
Job Type: 12 months Fixed Term Contract
Salary: € 43,850
Purpose of Post:
To liaise and work closely with Coolmine Integrated Care & Case Management Team visiting Private Emergency Accommodations (PEA) to ensure residents medical needs have been assessed, care planned and reviewed regularly.
To carry out assessments and support clients via an interagency case management system to the highest professional standards
To provide clinical support to the Integrated Care & Case Management Team.
To liaise with partner agencies to ensure client medical needs are been met
Projects: Integrated Care & Case Management Team.
Contact Email: Justinah.email@example.com
Application Reference: HR/DUB/SDL/IRNUR/0622
Coolmine is a leading drug and alcohol treatment centre providing community, day and residential services to men and women with problematic substance use and their families in Ireland established since 1973. Coolmine Therapeutic Community believes that everyone should have the opportunity to overcome addiction and lead a fulfilled and productive life.
We have a vacancy for an In-Reach Nurse Coordinator. The successful candidate will be part of the Integrated Care & Case Management Team and will carry out assessments and support clients via an interagency case management system to the highest professional standards.
Role Responsibilities: (Include, but not limited to)
- To liaise and work closely with Coolmine Integrated Care & Case Management Team visiting Private Emergency Accommodations (PEA) to ensure service users medical needs have been assessed, care planned and reviewed regularly
- To carry out assessments and support services users via an interagency case management system to the highest professional standards
- To manage the healthcare needs of services users ethically and professionally.
- To engage with and build trusting relationships with services users at a formal and informal level in order to develop a viable and productive therapeutic relationship, treating clients with dignity and respect at all times, working within the Code of Professional Conduct as set by An Bord Altranais as well as the overall values of Coolmine.
- To observe the principles of standard precautions and infection control in the execution of relevant nursing duties.
- To ensure that all administrative duties are carried out in accordance with required timelines and procedures in the areas of report writing, accurate medical records, client’s case notes, statistics and all other relevant paperwork.
- To work in accordance with relevant nursing legislation particularly the scope of practice and competence as set by An Bord Altranais and consult with other health care professionals when a client may fall outside the scope of nursing practice.
Education and training
- To facilitate and deliver health education/promotion interventions in the areas of physical health, emotional health and holistic wellness, in a professional and ethical manner and in accordance with Coolmine’s standard operational policies and procedures.
- To be actively engaged in continued personal development and training including attending all clinical and line management supervision sessions and establishing strong links and liaison between these supervisory outlets.
- To undertake audits of clinical practice and subsequently, implement any necessary changes in line with evidence-based practice and care for clients.
- To work as part of a team providing specialist knowledge through regular and consistent communication and actively participating at team meetings. You will be expected to report to the Team Leader for individual support, supervision, performance appraisal, and client case review; and work within the parameters of the Coolmine HR policies and procedures.
- To effectively liaise with and act as a consultant to a range of service providers both voluntary and statutory. This will also involve close liaison with methadone prescribers to identify and plan for the commencement of safe and closely monitored methadone detoxification if required.
- General Nursing Qualification
- Registered with An Bord Altranais (essential)
- Diploma/ Cert in addiction studies (desirable)
- Full driving licence (desirable)
- Over two years nursing experience post registration
- Experience of working alone and as part of a team.
- Previous presentation delivery skills
- Working knowledge of homeless service issues.
- Good understanding of quality mental health and addiction setting.
- Knowledge and ability to work within An Board Altranais Scope of Practice Framework.
- Knowledge of relevant nursing legislation including FOI, Data protection, nursing and mental health acts.
- Knowledge of standard precautions and how to maintain a safe environment.
- Familiar with various models of rehabilitation, counselling, and recovery approaches.
Personal Attributes Essential:
- Have excellent communication and listening skills. Good oral and written skills with effective letter and report writing ability, maintaining accurate reports, files, and paperwork.
- Enjoys working with people, is approachable, and demonstrates warm and friendly mannerisms, while being clear and explicit about professional and personal boundaries.
- Has a “can do” attitude and a positive solution focused approach to problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrating dignity and respect for self and others at all times.
- Has good awareness of self and others, grounded in the “here and now” with good anticipation and observational skills.
- Role model’s exemplary behaviour and attitude – is honest, consistent, and responsible.
- Works as part of a team supporting the objectives of the project.
Organisation & results
- Manage multiple priorities
- Drive for results
- Operational Excellence
People & Team
- Developing Others
- Managing under pressure
Terms of service:
This job description is a guide to the general range of duties assigned to the post holder. It is intended to be neither definitive nor restrictive and is subject to periodic review with the employee concerned.
Protection of Persons Reporting Child Abuse Act 1998
This post is one of those designated in accordance with Section 2 of the Protection of Persons Reporting Child Abuse Act 1998. You will remain a designated officer for the duration of your appointment in this post or for the duration of your appointment to such other post as is included in the categories specified in the Ministerial Direction. Such officer will on receiving a report of child abuse formally notify the senior Social Worker in the Community Care Area in which the child is living.
Interested candidates who meet the Person Specification requirements should send their CV & cover letter to Justinah Bello, HR Manager at Justinah.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote this application reference code HR/DUB/SDL/IRNUR/0622
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 5th July 2022
Coolmine Therapeutic Community is an equal opportunities employer.