Barróg Healthcare: Social Care Workers - Kildare, Meath & Dublin
Social Care Worker Roles: Kildare, Meath and Dublin
Barróg Healthcare is a family run organisation based in Dublin with services nationwide providing residential care and day packages nationwide to enable people who need support across the areas of mental health, disability, aftercare, transitional and mainstream social care. Our programmes are built around our central philosophy; to embrace the possibilities for each person in our care and work with support agencies and local community groups to grow and foster independence towards an outcome of social interaction and purposeful contribution, celebrating the best of each person’s ability. We pride ourselves on working to support and champion both our service user’s and staff and welcome applications from any person that feels they would be a good fit within our organisation. The right candidate for this role will strive to enhance the lives of the individuals by promoting their community inclusion and equal citizenship.
Job Title: Social Care Worker
Applications considered via: E-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application format: Please submit a cover letter explaining the role/location/availability you are interested in, your suitability for the role and current CV for consideration.
Closing Date for Applications: Ongoing
Proposed Interview Dates: TBA
Contact for Informal Enquiries: email@example.com
Reporting Relationship: The Social Care worker will report to the Aftercare team management.
Salary: Beginning at €15 hourly
Job Type: Permanent full time
Probation: 6 months
Locations: Roles are available in Naas, Kildare, Navan, Meath and Dublin there are also upcoming roles in the greater Meath area.
- Competitive starting salary
- Sunday overtime rate
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexibility on working hours
- Tax free bus / Luas / rail / coach tickets to assist with travel costs to and from work
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Continuous professional development
- Uniform provided
- Opportunity for further education
- Pension scheme (PRSA)
Purpose of Role:
At present the company has vacancies in aftercare, transitional care and within the sphere of outreach work with young people/vulnerable adults in the community living independently or in Family/Foster Care Setting.
Aftercare services are support services that build on and support the work that has already been undertaken by many including, foster carers, social workers and residential workers in preparing young people for adulthood. Everyone has a key role to play in preparing young people to reach their developmental milestones.
Principle Duties/ Responsibilities:
- To participate in the development and implementation of Care/Placement plans and to ensure appropriate recording of same.
- To promote the rights and responsibilities of each service user or vulnerable adult.
- To encourage attendance at school, training centres, medical and clinical appointments.
- To liaise with the parent, family, general services, and other agencies on behalf of the service user.
- To attend all team meetings in relation to the care and development of the service user.
- To link in and take direction from your Service Manager and/or Team Leader.
- To implement Barróg Healthcare’s policies and procedures.
- To work as a member of a team.
- To work with the service user to develop their independent living skills
- One year of experience in a Social Care setting.
- Candidates must have a relevant qualification. At a minimum a B.A. in Social Care, Fetac Level 7, B.A. in Applied Social Studies or equivalent.
- Full clean drivers license.
- Training in the following: Manual Handling, Safe Administration of Medication, First Aid, Safeguarding, Fire Safety, Hand Hygiene, MAPA, Children’s First
- Working knowledge of regulatory compliance and HIQA standards.
- Available to work over a 7-day roster to include shift work when necessary.
- Permission to work in Ireland.
- Comfortable working with essential information technology; Microsoft office etc.
- Experience/knowledge of report writing and client support plans.
- Male applicants only for the Naas based role*
All roles subject to Garda Vetting, overseas security clearance and reference checks.
*The lawful recruitment of a Male for this position falls within the exclusion allowed by section 25 (1) and (2) of the Employment Equality Acts 1998-2015".
Barróg Healthcare, Unit 9, Newlands Business Park, Newlands Road, Clondalkin, Dublin 22
First Floor, Eastcliffe House, Glanmire, Co Cork 021 4820227
Info@barroghealthcare.ie / www.barroghealthcare.ie / Ph: 014033867