The Mater Foundation: CRM Manager
Role CRM Manager
Reporting to Director of Development
Background and Context
The Mater Foundation (MF) is focused on raising funds to fulfil our mission to harness our supporters’ kindness and generosity and work together with our partners to continuously transform and improve patient care at The Mater Misericordiae University Hospital. We will ensure that the Mater Hospital is at the forefront of research and innovation and is a leader in healthcare in Ireland.
This is an exciting time to join the Mater Foundation having just completed a comprehensive strategic review. The organisation now has a 5 year roadmap to raise €30m to harness our success and implement this ambitious strategy for greater impact to fund vital transformational research, medical equipment and redevelopment. Being embedded in the hospital highlights our cause, and we get to see first-hand the impact of our work.
Role Purpose/ Summary
The role of the CRM Manager is to plan and implement a CRM strategy, to maintain and enhance the integrity of the Mater Foundation’s supporter data within the CRM system and to ensure continued user confidence in the system and its content.
The role will incorporate daily data entry and data maintenance tasks as well as providing user support to the team, bespoke reporting, data enhancement, staff training and system improvement considerations.
The CRM Manager will act as the Data Protection Officer for the Foundation and will work alongside the Governance & Compliance Lead to ensure the Foundation is adhering to GDPR policies and working procedures are in place.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Data integrity and quality
- Data input quality management - reviewing organisation and contact entries and completing gap analysis from input source, via third party platforms.
- Conduct regular hygiene checks and data cleansing to ensure data integrity, providing suggestions to improve efficiencies.
- Lead on data segmentation, marketing analysis and enhancement by tagging with the assistance of system categorisation.
- Create marketing data lists for telephone, post and email campaigns and appeals upon request.
- Continually analyse, recommend, test, and implement data structure changes as necessary.
- Conduct regular audits of all income coding.
- Import bulk files
- Import communications.
Support and Training
- Support training on CRM fundraising processes and respond to team enquiries.
- Complete group and one-to-one training sessions
- Work with the fundraising team to enhance use of marketing software and automation within the system to facilitate improved supporter journeys.
Management Reporting and driving insights
- Create and generate data reports for analysis for all fundraising activities.
- Provide key insights on donor activity, fundraising campaigns, metrics for repeat giving, attrition and engagement
CRM System Promotion and Development
- Actively promote the functionality of the system amongst business users
- Periodic user-group feedback
- Manage the importing and flow of fundraising data into the system from internal teams and third party suppliers.
- Build CRM automation and workflows to facilitate supporter journeys, maximize retention, average gifts and response rates.
- Develop database process and specification documentation as required.
- Drive continuous improvement of system so that it continues to meet user group needs and keeps pace with good practice CRM systems.
- Liaise with CRM account manager
- Act as Data protection officer
- Create, update and implement policies
- Deliver and manage Data Protection training to all staff
- Ensure Data Protection Policies are enforced
- Continuous professional development in GDPR laws and policies
- Implement the Foundations data destruction policy.
Qualifications and Experience
Skills & Experience
- In addition to being highly analytical, the candidate will also have the ability to operate with a commercial perspective, appreciating the importance of using data segmentation and analysis techniques to support business development and marketing objectives.
- Technically, the candidate needs to possess significant data management system experience, plus a strong understanding of Windows desktop applications, in particular advanced Excel skills.
- These technical skills need to be complimented by equally strong communication skills to ensure any insight and data is understood by staff.
- The candidate should have a strong focus on delivering a high level of service to users and have an aptitude for close attention to detail. As the individual will spend time responding to user enquiries, they should feel comfortable dealing with people at all levels of the Foundation and managing expectations accordingly.
- Proven results using data as a platform to drive transformative growth.
- Relevant 3rd Level qualification in IT or equivalent or demonstrable experience in database management
- Minimum of three years relevant experience in the last five years.
- Excellent knowledge of Raisers Edge CRM (or equivalent) with the ability to resolve technical CRM issues.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office
- Expertise in data analytics/ segmentation/ development of reports
- Strong working knowledge of GDPR
- Experience in the Not For Profit sector
- Enthusiastic, passionate, flexible, adaptable and can-do working attitude
- A natural problem solver with initiative and determination.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Strong planning and organisational skills. Ability to work under pressure and maintain meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- A commitment to continuous improvement.
Salary dependent on experience
Full-time (35 hours per week) (25% allocated to DPO responsibilities) 6 months probationary period.
21 days annual leave
Pension entitlement after probationary period
Please send a cover letter (maximum one page) outlining how your experience and skills fit the role and an up to date CV to email@example.com.
Please insert CRM Manager in subject line.
Closing Date 25th October 2021 at 17.00.