Multiple Sclerosis Ireland: Senior Physiotherapist
Senior Physiotherapist to work with People with Multiple Sclerosis
Job Title: Job Title: Senior Physiotherapist to work with People with Multiple Sclerosis
Reporting to: Services Development Manager
Role Purpose: To provide a quality physiotherapy service in line with standards of physiotherapy practice and statutory registration. To provide quality physiotherapy assessment and treatment to people with MS
Annual Leave Entitlements: 25 days per year (pro-rata)
- To assist PwMS optimise their full potential by providing a structured and directed physiotherapy programme. This may also involve families,formal and informal carers and physiotherapy assistants.
- Work within the CORU Physiotherapy Code of Professional Conduct and ethics.
- Maintain and improve standards of practice through participation in continuing professional development opportunities within and outside MS Ireland. Keep current knowledge of developments in the field of neurological physiotherapy up-to-date.
- Ensure that a high standard of physiotherapy assessment and treatment is provided for all patients under his/her care.
- To deliver the FETAC level 5 Physiotherapy Assistant training course.
- To supervise MS Ireland physiotherapy assistants in the delivery of programmes for people with MS.
- Work on production of appropriate educational material.
- Liaise with relevant HSE clinical staff, staff of MS Ireland, other professionals and any key stakeholders to ensure that effective communication and reporting takes place at all times.
- Maintain adequate records and case notes, providing statistics as required.
- Work within statutory health and safety guidelines and within the health and safety policies of MS Ireland to ensure a safe working environment for patients and staff at all times.
- Carry out clinical audit of the physiotherapy service and provide reports where required.
- Undertake other responsibilities as are consistent with the nature of the work in the post including programmes of research and development as appropriate.
- Adhere to budgetary requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Candidates must provide evidence of registration on the CORU Physiotherapy register
- Candidates should have minimum two years post qualification experience in physiotherapy with a minimum of 6 months of neurology experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Candidates will be client focused with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient IT skills.
- Have use of own car and possess a full clean driver’s license.
- Possess and understanding and knowledge of the ethos and operation of MS Ireland.
- Ability to demonstrate respect and empathy for clients and their carers and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative, set goals and implement programmes to achieve set targets.
- Working knowledge of person-centred care and case management systems.
To apply for the position please send the following documents by email to: mylesm@MS-Society.ie
Cover letter, outlining your experience and suitability (by way of specific examples) for the post and your reason for applying, full CV and contact information Please ensure the Job Title is referenced in the subject of the email.
Closing date: 29th October
Please note, the assistance of Recruitment Agencies is not required at this time.