Barróg Healthcare: Healthcare Assistants - Cork
Healthcare Assistants: Bandon, Cork City, Mallow, Midleton, Mayfield, Youghal and throughout Cork.
Barróg Healthcare is a family run organisation based in Dublin with services nationwide providing residential care and day packages nationwide to enable people who need support across the areas of mental health, disability, aftercare, transitional and mainstream social care. Our programmes are built around our central philosophy; to embrace the possibilities for each person in our care and work with support agencies and local community groups to grow and foster independence towards an outcome of social interaction and purposeful contribution, celebrating the best of each person’s ability. We pride ourselves on working to support and champion both our service user’s and staff and welcome applications from any person that feels they would be a good fit within our organisation. The right candidate for this role will strive to enhance the lives of the individuals by promoting their community inclusion and equal citizenship.
Job Title: Healthcare Assistant
Applications considered via: E-mail, email@example.com
Application format: Please submit a cover letter explaining your suitability for the role, your preferred location and current CV.
Closing Date for Applications: Ongoing
Proposed Interview Dates: Ongoing
Contact for Informal Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting Relationship: The Healthcare Assistant will report to the disability team management.
Salary: Starting at €13 hourly, dependent on experience.
Job Type: Full time permanent and part time permanent positions available.
Probation: 6 months
Annual Leave: 8% of hours worked with a maximum of 20 days per year.
Location of Post: There are multiple roles available in Bandon, Cork City, Mallow, Midleton, Mayfield, Youghal and throughout the Cork area.
- Competitive starting salary
- Sunday overtime rate
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexibility on working hours
- Tax free bus / Luas / rail / coach tickets to assist with travel costs to and from work
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Continuous professional development
- Uniform provided
- Opportunity for further education
- Pension scheme (PRSA)
Purpose of Role:
- To provide a range of services to individuals with physical and intellectual disabilities and/or autism as well as behaviors that challenge. This includes services such as community outreach, home support, personal care and day services. All care is person centred and provides a holistic service in partnership with the persons circle of support.
Principle Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Support service users with an intellectual / physical disability, autism, mental health, challenging behaviour.
- Ensure service users are supported to make sense of their environment, learn new skills and maximise their independence.
- Assist individuals with their daily living activities.
- Support individuals to live a meaningful life, with a priority focus on equal citizenship.
- Facilitate each individual supported by the services to actively participate and integrate into the community.
- Accompany service users to appointments and other events as required
- Assist service user’s that have reduced mobility.
- Support service users with their health and well-being, personal care including continence requirements if required.
- Undertake duties as may be assigned by your direct manager/team leader to support the care of service users.
- Manage challenging behaviours, using a positive behaviour support plan.
- At least one year of experience in a Healthcare setting, ideally working with service users with an intellectual disability.
- Experience managing challenging behaviours.
- Training in the following: Patient Movement, Manual Handling, Safe Administration of Medication, First Aid, Safeguarding, Fire Safety, Hand Hygiene, MAPA, Children’s First
- Working knowledge of regulatory compliance and HIQA standards
- Available to work over a 7-day roster to include shift work when necessary.
- Permission to work in Ireland.
- Comfortable working with essential information technology; Microsoft office etc.
- Minimum of completed FETAC Level 5 qualification in a healthcare related field. Preferred modules include:
- Care Practice
- Care Provision
- Human Development
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Recreation & Leisure
- Health & Safety
- First Aid
- Information Technology
The following will be seen as an advantage:
- Full clean driver’s license
All roles subject to Garda Vetting, overseas security clearance and reference checks.
If you wish to apply for this post, please forward your CV along with a cover letter including the role you are applying for in the subject bar to email@example.com . All applications and enquiries will be replied to promptly. A full job description and rate of pay for this role is available upon request.