Barróg Healthcare: Social Care Workers - Carlow & Wicklow
Upcoming Social Care Worker Roles: Carlow, Wicklow.
Barróg Healthcare is a family run organisation based in Dublin with services nationwide providing residential care and day packages nationwide to enable people who need support across the areas of mental health, disability, aftercare, transitional and mainstream social care. Our programmes are built around our central philosophy; to embrace the possibilities for each person in our care and work with support agencies and local community groups to grow and foster independence towards an outcome of social interaction and purposeful contribution, celebrating the best of each person’s ability. We pride ourselves on working to support and champion both our service user’s and staff and welcome applications from any person that feels they would be a good fit within our organisation. The right candidate for this role will strive to enhance the lives of the individuals by promoting their community inclusion and equal citizenship.
Job Title: Social Care Worker
Applications considered via: E-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application format: Please submit a cover letter explaining your availability and preferred location along with your current CV for consideration
Closing Date for Applications: Ongoing
Proposed Interview Dates: TBA
Contact for Informal Enquiries: email@example.com
Reporting Relationship: The Social Care worker will report to the Aftercare team management.
Salary: €15 hourly
Job Type: Permanent full time/part time and flexible all available
Probation: 6 months
Annual Leave: 8% of hours worked with a maximum of 20 days per year.
Location of Post: Roles will be available in Carlow, Wicklow.
Shifts Available: full time/part time and flexible shifts all available
- Competitive starting salary
- Sunday overtime rate
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexibility on working hours
- Tax free bus / Luas / rail / coach tickets to assist with travel costs to and from work
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Continuous professional development
- Uniform provided
- Opportunity for further education
- Pension scheme (PRSA)
Purpose of Role:
Due to a volume of referrals we are currently building a panel for upcoming roles. At present the company has upcoming vacancies in aftercare, transitional care and within the sphere of outreach work with young people/vulnerable adults in the community living independently or in Family/Foster Care Setting.
Aftercare services are support services that build on and support the work that has already been undertaken by many including, foster carers, social workers and residential workers in preparing young people for adulthood. Everyone has a key role to play in preparing young people to reach their developmental milestones.
Principle Duties/ Responsibilities:
- To participate in the development and implementation of Care/Placement plans and to ensure appropriate recording of same.
- To promote the rights and responsibilities of each service user or vulnerable adult.
- To encourage attendance at school, training centres, medical and clinical appointments.
- To liaise with the parent, family, general services, and other agencies on behalf of the service user.
- To attend all team meetings in relation to the care and development of the service user.
- To link in and take direction from your Service Manager and/or Team Leader.
- To implement Barróg Healthcare’s policies and procedures.
- To work as a member of a team.
- To work with the service user to develop their independent living skills
- One year of experience in a Social Care setting.
- Candidates must have a relevant qualification. At a minimum a B.A. in Social Care, Fetac Level 7, B.A. in Applied Social Studies or equivalent.
- Training in the following: Manual Handling, Safe Administration of Medication, First Aid, Safeguarding, Fire Safety, Hand Hygiene, MAPA, Children’s First
- Working knowledge of regulatory compliance and HIQA standards.
- Available to work over a 7-day roster to include shift work when necessary.
- Permission to work in Ireland.
- Comfortable working with essential information technology; Microsoft office etc.
- Experience/knowledge of report writing and client support plans.
The following will be seen as an advantage:
- Full clean driver’s license
All roles subject to Garda Vetting, overseas security clearance and reference checks.