The Health Information and Quality Authority: Research Officers (Health and Social Care Standards)
HIQA – Research Officers (Health and Social Care Standards)
The Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) is an independent statutory authority established to promote safety and quality in the provision of health and social care services for the benefit of the health and welfare of the public.
HIQA is recruiting for Research Officers (Health and Social Care Standards) at Engineer Grade III to join its Health Information and Standards (HIS) Directorate. There are two 24 month fixed term contracts and one 18 month contract available with immediate effect. The roles may be based in Cork or Dublin.
The successful candidate will join the Standards Team within HIQA’s Health Information and Standards Directorate. Working in conjunction with stakeholders, the team aims to improve the quality and safety of health and social care services by setting standards and developing support materials to assist services in implementing these standards. In 2021 the team is working on the development of:
- National Standards for Children’s Social Services.
- Overarching National Standards for the Care and Support of Children using Health and Social Care Services.
- National Standards for Home Support services.
- Principles to underpin all national standards in health and social care.
- E-Learning modules.
- Video animations and other digital learning tools.
These are the priority areas of work for the team during 2021. Additional work will also be undertaken to develop resources to support the implementation of existing national standards and to promote the work of the team more generally. This role will require strong communication and organisation skills.
The salary for this role is €32,321 (Engineer Grade III, Point 1)
- Degree qualification (a minimum of Level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications) in an area relevant to the role
- A minimum of 12 months experience in a relevant area (for example in research, communications, project management)
Benefits of working at HIQA:
- 25 days Annual Leave
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Well-being Programme
- Social Club
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Academic Education Support Scheme
Application for this role is via application form only. The deadline for applications is 5pm on Monday 24th May 2021. You will find further information in the Candidate Information Booklet and an application form here.
The Health Information and Quality Authority is an equal opportunities employer.