Acquired Brain Injury Ireland: Head of People and Culture
JOB TITLE: Head of People and Culture
REPORTING TO: CEO
LOCATION: National Office, Dun Laoghaire
DATE: February 2021
Why work at Acquired Brain Injury Ireland
Just as every brain injury is unique, at Acquired Brain Injury Ireland, our people are unique. At Acquired Brain Injury Ireland, we’re all about collaboration and building great relationships. So why should you join us?
Our approach to service delivery is about partnership and collaboration with our clients. Our teams thrive on finding creative solutions to empower our clients and make the impossible possible. Our relationships with each other and with our clients is what makes our organisational culture so special.
Our teams are highly skilled and qualified in their area and extremely passionate about the work they do. Your motivation and job satisfaction is important to us which is why we provide ongoing best practice professional training to help you reach your professional goals.
Grow with us
We first opened our doors with one residential rehab unit in 2000 at a time when there were little or no dedicated services for people living with a brain injury. Since then we have grown into a national service delivering community rehabilitation right across Ireland. Join our team and grow with us as we maximise the potential of brain injury survivors in every corner of the country.
The Head of People and Culture is responsible for partnering with the organisation and setting the people and culture strategy that maps directly to strategic objectives and delivers key outcomes. The role has accountability for ensuring that ABI Ireland has the optimal organisational structures, people processes are efficient and supported by robust people policies and the capability and tools exist to enable attraction and retention of the best talent. The role is also responsible for ensuring that the culture and values of ABI Ireland are lived through organisational development and learning and development strategies. The role is also responsible for overseeing the Organisation’s GDPR and Data Protection service delivery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with the Services and Operations to develop and implement a people strategy that maps directly to the Organisation’s strategy and delivers tangible outcomes.
- Lead the People & Culture function and implement a person-centred strategy to drive the employee experience whilst increasing performance and engagement.
- Provide expert input to organisation design and development underpinned by strong commercial management of resource planning. people costs and people risks across functions.
- Use management information and data to deliver key insights to senior leadership teams and drive appropriate action plans.
- Overall leadership of the HR Team to deliver high quality, efficient and consistent HR initiatives and services across the Organisation.
- Overall leadership of the Organisational Development and Learning and Development Team to deliver on agreed objectives.
Culture and Employee Engagement
- Oversee that the culture and values of ABI Ireland are lived through organisational development and learning and development strategies.
- Measure and understand key drivers of engagement at ABI Ireland whilst devising creative initiatives to continuously develop a positive workplace culture
- Manage the annual employee satisfaction survey in the Organisation, proposing HR initiatives in response to the survey data and insights.
- Ensure wellness initiatives are in place at all times to support employees.
- Manage the Annual Employee Information Days, ensuring continuity, progress and appropriate feedback year on year.
- Oversee the delivery of performance management, organisational development, learning and development, employee life cycle, talent management, talent acquisition, pay model, HR operations and internal communications to support the design and development of key HR initiatives.
- Ensure that managers and employees have efficient access to People-related information, processes, policies and tools
- Oversee the recruitment function to ensure that external employer branding is in line with the internal culture and recruiting KPIs are being met all whilst providing an exceptional candidate experience
- Ensure ABI Ireland’s compliance is in line with all legal, regulatory and funder requirements.
- Oversee that the delivery of HR policies and practices comply with best practice and legislation whilst effectively supporting business goals and maintaining a flexible, innovative performance culture.
- Produce HR reports as required including for Board, Senior Manager and Funders.
- Ensure the effective administration of the pension scheme.
Support to Managers
- Build strong relationships with senior leaders and act as their trusted advisor.
- Provide leadership and coaching to executives, managers and the wider team, across the full range of People-related topics, including goal definition and alignment, and practices whilst being a role-model for management best-practice
- Leverage knowledge and experience and create in-house training sessions and information resources
- Support the management of complex/ formal employee relations issues in the organisation
Data Protection and GDPR
- Line Management of the Data Protection Officer and overseeing that the Organisation has policies, training, procedures and systems in place to ensure Data Protection and GDPR responsibilities are met.
Qualifications / Experience
- Relevant HR qualification.
- Ideally CIPD qualified or equivalent.
- A proven track record of success, working as a true business partner at an equivalent Senior Manager level, supporting managers and their functions in a dynamic, fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic and innovative thinking and execution
- Strong change management and project management experience preferable, having worked on the delivery of key HR projects
- Demonstrated success in Employee Relations, driving top performance management practices, fostering employee engagement / motivation, and best practice HR
- Competent in advising on issues that have employment law implications
- Outstanding project management, presentation and communication skills
- An outstanding focus on achieving a high level of customer service
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Previous experience of working in an area of disability/illness would be an advantage
– strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Influencing and Negotiating
– ability to build relationships, internally and externally
- Planning, Organising and Prioritising
– works to optimise outputs
- Commitment to achieving the highest level of Professional Service
– demonstrates a commitment to highest standards of quality service and outcomes.
- Travel as required (when Covid-19 restrictions have lifted)
How to apply
Please email Cover letter and C.V. to email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications is 5pm Friday 12th March 2021.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or that may be required to do either now or in the future.
ABI Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer