Nua Healthcare: Basic Grade Clinical / Counselling Psychologist
Basic Grade Clinical / Counselling Psychologist
We are seeking applications from energetic and enthusiastic individuals to join our team for the position of Basic Grade Clinical / Counselling Psychologist. The successful candidate will be afforded all necessary training and development in line with the role. Candidates must be highly motivated, creative and experienced with a passion for engaging with clients on a daily basis.
Nua Healthcare specialises in providing Residential care, Community outreach and Day services to adults and children with complex support requirements on both the Intellectual Disability and Mental Health spectrums. We pride ourselves in providing true person-centred care for individuals in their own home or in appropriate community based care facilities.
- Employee Benefits Package, including:
- Company Pension
- Death-in-Service/Life Assurance
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Education Assistance
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Paid Maternity/Paternity
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Continuous Professional development
- Fantastic development & career opportunities
- & more…….
- Provide a range of psychological assessments and interventions as required.
- Facilitate therapy/counselling sessions and behaviour management plans.
- The post holder would be expected to work as part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver a high-quality, outcome and recovery focussed service that meets the needs of all service users.
- Promote and deliver services in accordance with the ethos of the company.
- Provide support/advice to Service Users.
- Provide support/advice for both staff and families of our Service Users
Skills and Qualities
- Possess a recognised professional post-graduate qualification in clinical or counselling psychology; Clinical graduates in the process of completing their post-graduate qualification in clinical or counselling psychologist are welcome to apply;
- If qualified outside the Republic of Ireland, have their qualification validated by the Department of Health or may be working towards meeting compensatory criteria set up by the Department. Validation certificate needs to be included with this application.
- All candidates must meet the registration requirements of the Psychological Society of Ireland.
Skills and Qualities:
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships with a wide range of people and enjoy working with people of all ages.
- Capacity to listen carefully combined with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Patience, tact and empathy to people’s needs.
- Practical, creative, Problem-solver with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Ingenuity, enthusiasm, common sense, and a sound knowledge base.
- Ability to see the many different factors that can affect someone’s outlook.
- Ability to combine a range of different activities.
- Ability to make your own decisions as well as work in co-operation with others.