Pieta Galway City: Psychotherapists / Counselling Psychologists
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Pieta provide a range of counselling services for people who are suicidal, engage in self-harm or who are bereaved by suicide. Pieta also operate a national 24 hour helpline (1800 247 247) and a dedicated Research, Education and Training office. We are committed to delivering our services with care and professionalism and continue to strive to ensure that we provide the best service for our clients.
We are currently recruiting for: Psychotherapists / Counselling Psychologists.
Location: Pieta Galway City
16 hours per week over 4 days x 1 vacancy
20 hours per week over 5 days x 2 vacancies
€20,800 per annum (16 hours)
€26,000 per annum (20 hours)
The ideal candidate will:
- Have completed a Diploma or Degree course in Counselling & Psychotherapy or a Masters in Counselling Psychology.
- Be a fully accredited member of IACP, IAHIP, PSI, FTAI, NAPCP, ICP or equivalent.
- Have attended training in working with adolescent clients and children.
- Have experience in Play/Art Therapy.
- Have experience in crisis intervention and bereavement counselling.
- Demonstrate excellent listening and communication skills.
- Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathise.
- Work as part of the Clinical Team.
- Be proficient in MS Office and Outlook
- Have experience using Salesforce or similar CRM system
The successful candidate shall be required to:
- Build relationships with clients using the Pieta House Models of Therapy.
- Work within the ethos and philosophy of Pieta House.
- Liaise with clients and their families as appropriate with regard to assessments, outcomes, interventions and reviews.
- Receive ongoing supervision and attend group supervision internally in Pieta once per calendar month.
- Actively participate in Pieta House internal meetings as appropriate e.g. staff/clinical meetings
- Be prepared to expand your duties or change function in line with business needs.
- Periodically liaise with other professionals and organisations as appropriate.
- Take responsibility for one’s own continued professional development.
- Keep up to date with best practice and procedures at all times in line with the Code of Ethics of IACP, IAHIP, PSI, FTAI, NAPCP or ICP.
- Will report to the Lead Therapist
Note: Garda Vetting is required (of the successful candidates) for all positions.
Applications for the above should be made through our website or via email, attaching a cover letter (outlining your particular suitability to the role) with an updated Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com by 30th September 2020.
PIETA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER