Barróg Healthcare: Team Leader (Cork)
Team Leader: Cork
Barróg Healthcare is a family run organisation based in Dublin providing residential care and day packages nationwide to enable people who need support across the area’s of mental health, disability, aftercare, transitional and mainstream social care. Our programme’s are built around our central philosophy; to embrace the possibilities for each person in our care and work with external support agencies and local community groups to grow and foster independence towards an outcome of social interaction and purposeful contribution, celebrating the best of each person’s ability. We pride ourselves on working to support and champion both our service user’s and staff and welcome applications from any person that feels they would be a good fit within our organisation.
- Attractive Salary
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Continuous professional development
- Development and Career opportunities
Job Title: Aftercare/Disability Team Leader Cork
Applications considered via: E-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Applications: 31/05/2020
Proposed Interview Dates: T.B.A
Contact for Informal Enquiries: email@example.com
Location of Post: Office based in Glanmire, Co Cork. The post will involve travel between client homes in a number of locations in Cork and other locations as required
Purpose of Role:
Under the guidance of the Service Manager, to support staff in the provision of high-quality services:
- Aftercare service to young people
- Support work for people with disabilities
ensuring that the therapeutic philosophy, policies and procedures of Barróg Healthcare Community Services are implemented.
Working Hours: 40 hours per week, Mon – Fri, 9am – 5pm. The role will also include a rostered on call service.
- Provide direct line management, supervision and leadership for the service in accordance with the service delivery model.
- Ensure follow through and accountability on any responsibilities in relation to young people/vulnerable adults as agreed.
- Keep the referral agents fully informed an up to date on all significant matters relating to the delivery of service.
- Manage enquiries, complaints and allegations from young people/vulnerable adults engaged with the service in accordance with National Policy and Service Policy Guidance documents.
- Seek the advice of relevant personnel as required.
- Contribute to the promotion, creation and maintenance of a welcoming, safe, caring, stable and supportive environment.
- Ensure the involvement of young people and vulnerable adults in decision making on matters that affect their lives, at the individual and collective levels and proactively promote within the service provision a range of structures, procedures, processes and practices to give young people and vulnerable adults the opportunity to have their voices heard and valued.
- Oversee Service projects e.g. Service forums/induction/training days ect…
- Provide direct support and encourage progression within the team posted to your assigned area.
- Be responsible for the probationary appraisal of the team and the completion of probationary reports as required.
Qualifications and /or Experience
Candidates must, on the latest date for receiving completed application forms for the office:
i) Ordinary Bachelor's Degree in Childcare awarded by a recognised body (Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications) or the National Diploma in Childcare awarded by HETAC / DIT.
ii) Ordinary Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Social Care Studies awarded by a recognised body (Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications) or the National Diploma in Applied Social Care Studies awarded by HETAC / DIT.
iii) Ordinary Bachelor’s Degree in Social Care awarded by a recognised body (Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications) or the Diploma in Social Care awarded by HETAC / DIT.
iv) Diploma in Applied Social Studies / Social Care from DIT.
v) Ordinary Bachelor's Degree in Social Care Practice awarded by a recognised body (Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications).
vi) Ordinary Bachelor's Degree in Applied Social Studies (Disabilities) awarded by a recognised body (Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications) or the National Diploma in Applied Social Studies (Disabilities), The Open Training College (HETAC Accredited).
vii) an equivalent social care qualification from another jurisdiction.
b) a suitable standard of professional attainments.
c) the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of office.
d) have a minimum of three years’ experience of working in a Children & Families Service or another relevant environment with a similarly challenging client group.
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character
A candidate must be under 65 years of age.
If you wish to apply for this post, please forward you CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Jennifer Jones. All applications and enquiries will be replied to promptly. A full job description and rate of pay for this role is available upon request.